Prologue: The Breakout

Lila POV

It has been a few months ever since Hawkmoth died and Adrien and I were sent to prison for "assisting a terrorist" as The Mayor said. Marinette and her stupid friends were probably celebrating while we're rotting in a prison cell. Christmas has already past and the New Year has started. I only got 6 more months until I leave. Not that it'll help.

Suddenly, I heard an explosion outside my cell and stood up. Criminals started running out of their cells and killing guards. Adrien opened my cell and took my hand.

"C'mon. We're leaving!" He said and lead me to The Rig's exit. As we reached to the docks, we saw a man with a black beard and an outfit resembling Dark Owl. However, the outfit is black and grey. 

"Who are you?" I asked.

"We'll talk later. Now get in the boat." He said as he beckoned us towards a jet black speed boat.

Adrien and I exchanged looks and shrugged. We entered the boat. The man in the owl suit turned on the ignition and speed away from The Rig. The escaped convicts entered whatever boat they can find and left. I looked back and saw The Rig consumed in a ball of flames. 

"Why are you helping us?" Adrien asked. The man in the owl outfit looked back and smiled.

"I believe we have the same agenda, Chat Blanc." 

We gasped as we heard his voice.

"Principal Damocles?" I asked.

"But how? I heard that you moved away after you lost your job." Adrien said. The former principal nodded sadly.

"It's a long story. I'll tell you when we reach the hideout. Get some sleep." He said and looked at the empty sea ahead.