Vol. Four Ch. Two: Holding onto the Past

~Third Person~

"Why can't I go outside, mommy?"

"Because...I wanted to let you know that today! Will be an us day! Yes! We will stay indoors and-!"

"What...are those men doing with the kids?

Outside their Angel City home, IMC Grunts could be seen taking children away from their homes before one group soon caught wind of (Y/N). Pointing at the house, she quickly ripped the boy away from the window before a knock rang out at the door.

"Let's play a game! Go hide in the closet, okay!?"

The small (Y/N) could only nod furiously as he ran off to hide in a closet situated under a staircase as his mother gulped. Walking up to the door, she opened it to be met with two IMC Grunts yet, she soon let out a sigh of relief. One of which was Caucasian with hazel eyes.

"O-Oh. Matthew. It's only you."

"Yeah. Miranda? Please for the love of God try and keep him away this time of month, please? I honestly don't want to see the kid go through...y'know..."

"I won't...(Y/N)? Please come say hi to your-."

~First Person~

"Fuck!"

Gasping awake with a heavy jolt, I looked around with my Wingman at the ready before seeing it was daylight. Morning. Letting out a sigh followed by a groan, this was my morning routine...Nightmare, wake up. Standing up from my sleeping bag, I saw nobody was near me...because my nightmares get so bad, they attract Grimm. The first day was...hectic to say the least. Waking up fully, I put my bag away in my backpack before tying my backpack around my waist with its straps. Unorthodox, yes but, it helped me feel a bit more tied down to the ground.

Making my way back to the others, I began to think about these nightmares and how they always transition back to that night that I fought da-...Haytham. I...I was never supposed to have won...It was rigged and in a blind rage I still-! Take a deep a breath...Grimm can sense you. That's why they seemed to like to target me when I'm alone or better yet? That Ursa from Patch. And speaking of Patch, I would see Ruby shoot awake in her sleeping bag as she looked around, except behind, as she let out a sigh with a hand over her head...Dammit...she's suffering from it too...

"Oi, rise and shine."

She let out a small yelp as she whipped around to see me snickering as I walked up to her. Causing her to smile before letting out a playful growl.

"Hah hah. Veeery funny."

"Not my fault you got a some weird knees. Disks seem to be misplaced."

"What-!? They're normal, see!?"

Raising her sleeping bag up to show me her knees, she inadvertently showed a bit more as I looked away. Don't worry, it wasn't any of that but just a bit of her...Why am I even talking? Something she picked up on as she yelped to cover herself again as I tried to wave off with a chuckle as I gave Jaune a small kick that made him groan as I did the same to Ren yet, he woke up with a small yawn.

"Start making breakfast. I'll wake up Nora."

"Yeah. Better to get a head start on her..."

As the three began to wake up properly, I would grab Nora's legs and drag her off into the woods as she snored happily in her sleep. However, as I grew more and more away from the camp, I noticed how she would snore less and less. Making me cock an eyebrow as I then stood over her to give her a small kick like I did the boys. However-

"So,Howdoyoudoit!?"

She suddenly sprang up from her bag as I yelped out and fell backwards with a nice thud as I then rubbed my butt. Remembering how Nora was awake, I growled and glared at her as she stood up with a small skip while giving me a toothy grin.