Vol. Four Ch. Seven: Where it Stings

~Third Person~

Opulence had just snuck past the Schnee Security Guard dog, with a bit of persuasion in the form of a steak fillet he had swiped. His escape with the General was rather convenient but, it also led to him having to make a long track back to the Schnee Mansion to properly play into the roll of being with the General. Watching the large scarred dog happily scarf down the steak, he couldn't help but snicker as he then looked around. Spotting a balcony that was in compliance with his information about the Mansion's layout. So, he quickly yet, quietly, ran up to the wall and jumped against it. Using his feet to push himself further up as he was just able to grab one of the balusters of the balcony's railing. Pulling himself up, he made sure to swing his leg a bit so he could gain enough momentum to swing upwards. Climbing up onto the railing and hopping onto the balcony, he would give the Guard Dog  a small two finger salute as he went for the door knob yet, stopped.

Inside, he could hear Weiss's father, Jacques, berate her about the earlier incident. He was pacing back and forth in front of her as she sat on her bed side wearing a small frown a she listened to his rant. Even letting out a sigh before he pointed at her.

"Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable! Do you have any idea what your stunt cost us?!"

"I-"

"And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation! Our... our...!"

His frustration was apparent yet, he soon ran out of words to affiliate towards "Weiss's" failure. She would soon look down at her hands.

"...I want to leave..."

"...I beg your pardon!?"

Jacques took a small moment to turn towards Weiss with an offended and angered look. A look that Weiss returned with a semi-glare.

"I said, I want to leave! I don't want to stay here anymore! I don't want to stay in Atlas anymore!"

"Young lady, I don't give a damn about what you want! This isn't about you! This is about the Schnee family name and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!"

Weiss shook her head to accentuate her points of her wanting to leave Atlas. To do what? None really know. But her father wasn't very adamant about that proposal as he pointed at her. The entire time, Opulence listened in on the conversation with a small snarl. A snarl that actually confused him.

"I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that you married into-!"

Weiss shot ip from her bed to stand in her father's face with a glare that he did not take lightly. Immediately right after, almost a bit too fast, he brought his hand up and slapped her as Opulence now felt a rage shoot up into his body. A rage that nearly made him burst in yet, he stop. He stopped because this rage wasn't his own, it was (Y/N)'s. Not his. But also because he didn't want his cover to be blown. He had to resist...no matter how hard he wanted to bash the man's face in.

Weiss was in shock that her father just hit her yet, he simply straightened out his posture. Speaking in a low tone to show his disapproval.

"This behavior of yours is incredibly disappointing. You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. You think running off like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger? You're wrong. Siding with her only divides us."

"I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here with these clueless people in Atlas! The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress."