L A T E

The night was young. Well, for you at least. In the chaos of what we call life, there was one thing you looked forward to. Your job.
    regardless of the demanding hours and responsibilities as an IT employee for Freddy Fazbear's Entertainment, you enjoyed it. Just being able to call yourself an employee for the company brought joy to your tiring days. Ever since you were a kid, you've loved the Fazbear franchise.
    Thursday. Today was Thursday which meant it was your payday. Your eyes snapped open from your deep slumber realizing you missed your alarm. It was 7:40. In a panic, you threw yourself out of bed and grabbed your uniform and a towel. You only had 20 minutes to get the the Fazbear's Entertainment company and your aching body cried in protest. In a hurry, you jumped in the shower and scrubbed yourself clean. The heat of the water satisfying your pained body. The healing water distracted you from your dire need to hurry up. You spent a solid 5 minutes just standing in the scalding water before coming to your senses. In an instant, you jumped out of the shower and clothed yourself, not caring if you were still wet. You would just turn on the heater in your car to dry off!
    The 3rd floor. Your apartment was on the third floor. You groaned in protest as you ran down the hallway completely ignoring the elevator. You knew it would take forever so you booked it for the stairs. YOU COULD NOT AFFORD TO BE LATE. As good as a worker you are, your tardiness was a major detriment to your job. You pretty much threw yourself down the stairs so you could make it out of the building fast enough. You moved Godspeed to he parking lot and jumped into your car.
    You fumbled with your keys until finding the right one and jamming it into the ignition. You peeled out of the lot as fast as your car could and raced to the building your job resided in.
    7:52. You had 8 minutes before you were expected to be at work. You didn't bother to track how much further you had to go before arriving. Your foot was sturdy against the gas as you raced down the highway to your job. Seeing the building in the distance, you pushed further onto the petal until you saw lights behind you.
    "Fuck." The only word you muttered before pulling over. Time to put your game face on.  Forcing tears into your eyes and pinching your cheeks to redden them, you rolled down your window for the approaching officer.
    "Do you realize how fast you were going? You sure are lucky no one else was on the road." The officer spoke. He was an older man, maybe late 40's, with graying stubble and slicked back hair. He was hands0me, you couldn't deny it, but that wasn't important to you at the moment. At all actually.
"I'm SO sorry officer, I just have an emergency and I HAVE to get to work." You fake cried to the unsuspecting cop. Not often do you do this, but I'm emergencies like this, manipulation is the only option. Tears sprung from your eyes and your face heated up showing how 'dire' the situation actually was. The officers eyes softened at the young girls gleaming tears and a part of his heart told him to let the girl go.
"please be careful when you drive, it's saddening when kids your age pass because of reckless driving." The officer exclaimed in a tired voice. The soft sprite on his face told you that you that you were out of trouble. He tapped your window before walking off back to his car. You sat for a bit before he drove off back in the opposite direction from you. You exhaled a sigh as you put your car into drive. It made you feel bad that you faked an emergency to get out of a ticket. Well, somewhat faked. You really did have an emergency to get to work, but it wasn't nearly as bad as you made it to be.
driving down the road at a speed even faster then before the cop caught you, you zoomed into the vicinity of the building you desperately needed to get into. You barely slowed when turning corners and almost Tokyo drifted into the parking lot of your work. You had to give it to yourself, you were an excellent driver. Maybe in a past life, you were a racer.
after parking your car and swiftly exiting it, you sprinted through the employee doors and navigated through the winding hallways. You looked down at your watch to see how much longer you had before you had to clock in. 8:09. You stopped in your tracks. It was over for you. You slowed your pace to a walk because there was no reason for you to try anymore. You knew it was the end for you. No matter how good at your job you were, your lateness made up for it. Real tears brimmed your eyes as you walked into the break room to clock in.
"You are late again Y/n." This is the 3rd time this week." It was an acquaintance, or a friend, as you like to call them. You only know them from work, but they were a friend no less.
"I know..." your voiced quivered at the thought of losing your job. Seeing the look on your face, your friend knew how bad this situation actually was.
"You better pray you don't get fired, it would really suck. No one else's here is as good as you." He was right. This job is your livelihood. You were the best at what you do, but you could be replaced if they needed to. Your brains could only get you so far. After putting your belongings in your designated locker and moving to your working desk. You sat in wait. You waited for your boss to call you into his office and scald you for your constant tardiness.
"Y/n." The voice broke you from your trance. It was your boss leaning on your desk. He was a tall man, a tired face like he'd seen some shit, and scarred hands like he'd been punching rocks his whole life. He was a kind man, just didn't have the time for mess ups. You knew what was coming as he stood from his position and beckoned you to follow. You stared at his back trying to distract yourself from crying. Entering a new threshold that was his office, you whispered.
"fuck." You said it so lightly that not even a dog could hear it. Your boss, somehow heard it though. To your ignorance, he cracked a smile at how worried you were.

_______________________
MY FIRST CHAPTER GUYS. I really hope you enjoy this. This is my first story ever. I just felt really motivated to write with the new game coming out. Let me know if you like it! If you see any mistakes, please let me know. I want this story to be good quality and enjoyable to read. I plan on writing another book in the future with different genders, I just want to test the water first.