THE DAY HAS COME

Monday. You had passed out the night before unknowingly s0 You didn't set an alarm. Fortunately for you, the cracks through the window woke you from your slumber. You had miraculously managed to wake up before you were due to go to the pizzaplex to be shown your position.
You hopped off the couch and made your way to your closet to grab some clothes. You grabbed a pair of slacks and a button up with a tank top to go under, you wanted to look business ready in case they had a uniform you needed to look presentable in. You made your way to the shower and washed yourself before exiting and returning to the mirror to do your simplistic makeup. You dabbed the concealer on your reddened forehead and blended it into the rest of your face. Time to dress! You put on your undergarments and tank top before pulling the white button up over top of it. Next, you slid your form fitting pair of slacks and tucked your shirt into it. It hugged your body to perfection and you felt confident. To finish the look, you looped a slick leather belt into the pants and fastened it together.
    You were ready. You made your way to the porch if your apartment and slipped on a pair of your leather boots. You wanted to be protected since you were going to be a security guard. What better shoe choice then a pair of heavy leathers. After putting your boots on, you exited the apartment and locked the door behind you. You dilly dallied your way to the stairs not bothering to use the elevator, you don't know why but you just did. Maybe, in the back of your conscience, you felt motivated to be more active. You waved goodbye the the receptionist, also known as Diane, and walked to your car. You had a little time to waste before you had to be at the Plex so you decided a nice warm coffee would do you good. You hopped into your car and set your sights on the cafe. The little drive of about a mile came to an end and the cafe stood on front of you. You left your car and went in. You walked up to the serving counter and saw the young man from you last visit sitting at the register. You sauntered over to him and wore a simple smile.
    "Hello! What can I get for you today?" You thought for a moment before deciding on a butter crème single shot espresso.
    "And what will be the name for the order?" He looked at you intently before you told him your name.
    "Y/n. Very Lovely name." He flashed you a smile showing his pearly whites. You were flattered at the compliment, but you weren't interested in him. You wrote the compliment as kindness from a stranger and sat in a booth not far from the counter. You played with the hem of your sleeve while waiting for your order to be ready. Not long after, you heard your name being called from the young man's mouth and went over to collect your coffee. He flashed you a smile one last time before handing you your drink. You gave a soft smile in return and made your way out of the building. You forgot about what you thought was an innocent encounter with the cafe worker and entered your car. You took off in the direction of the Plex and put your favorite music on in wait. The drive was about the same distance as your previous job at Intelligence, maybe even shorter, but it still allowed you to have time to listen to your favorite artists.
you lulled to the music that blared in your car until you saw the ginormous neon building in sight. Knots twisted in your stomache as you neared the large structure and you felt like your coffee was going to come back up your throat. You choked down the anxiety welling up from the pit of your stomache and continued towards the building.
This was it. You had managed to find a parking spot in the employee parking, it wasn't difficult though. There weren't many other cars there. You shakily opened the door to your car and sat your foot out to steady yourself. In one fast motion, you pulled yourself out of your car and made your way to the entrance of the Plex.
You stood there staring up at the Plex. The building was dominating, it made you look like a marble in a football stadium. You put one foot in front of the other and entered through the automatic doors. You didn't want to hesitate anymore. You didn't want to be scared. And just like that, you made it through the entrance and found yourself in the lobby. You walked up to the front desk of the Plex and headed toward the woman sitting behind it.
"Hello! My name is Y/n and I'm here about the security guard position?" You informed her.
"Oh! I've been waiting for you. I'll inform Grayson." Grayson? Is that the manager? You didn't dwell on it too long when you saw a man walking towards the two of you. He made his way through the crowd and towards the desk you were leaned upon. He flashed a sly smile at the receptionist and she blushed. Obviously swooning for him. He flashed the same smile at you, but you didn't react the same way. Instead, you held a professional smile and offered your hand to shake them.  He was handsome, but not interesting.
"Y/n I assume?" He had a deep and gruff voice that would make the knees wobble of anyone in the same room. Not you though.
"Yes sir." Was all that came out of your mouth. He beckoned you to follow him to a place you assumed was the staff office. You entered a room with a few people sitting at a table playing cards. Other workers on their break maybe? He walked into a smaller office with a desk and chair sat in it. He took a bag from behind his desk and handed it to you.
"it's your uniform. A pair of black slacks. And a security shirt. You will be given your security belt and HT radio later today." You grabbed the bag from him and waited for his next instructions.
"I think it's time I show you around the place."

————————————
Another chapter! I hope you enjoy it. After this, the story will start to progress more, I promise.