S U N S H I N E ?

You and your new boss exited his office, then the staff room, and finally entered the main Plex. The first places he showed you were the areas that were staff only. The main security office looked over most of the  entrance and atrium. He showed you the smaller offices scattered throughout the Plex and the areas they surveyed. Next, he showed you the food court and arcades.
Finally, the daycare. You both made your way to the tall doors to enter the daycare. You liked the mid evil style doors, it reminded you of a theatre Shakespeare would hold his plays. You entered the daycare and looked around. Everything was the same as what you saw online, but more. The colors seemed brighter and it felt much more inviting then what you could gather from the pictures on the website. There were pillows sprawled everywhere, you assumed for the kids to sleep or play with, and crafts hung up on the walls and security desk that looked over it. You liked the aura the area gave off.
When turning around to leave the daycare, you bumped into something. Hard. You fell back painfully and held your head in pain. You looked up to notice a golden jester like animatronic hanging upside down from the large doors frame. Before you could comprehend what had happened, the animatronic spoke.
"Hey there Sunshine!" You removed your hand from your head and the robots smile fell. He looked worried? before you had time to react, the robot rushed from his spot on the door and made his way to your sitting body.
"Oh dear Oh dear! Are you alright?" He poked at your forehead and you finally understood what the fuss was about. You looked up to the animatronic and saw the smudge of makeup on his forehead. Oh god. Your makeup rubbed off. Now everyone's gonna see the big welt on your forehead. Maybe you could blame it on the robot? You looked up at his worried face and frantic eyes, it made you feel bad. No. You decided not to. You stood from your previous huddled position and stood straight.
"Hey! It's ok! This wasn't from you. I just had an accident is all." You tried being tender with the animatronic, you don't know why, but his worriedness made you feel bad. You went up to pet his back in a soothing way before you grabbed your hand and dragged you away. Before you were fully out of view, you saw Grayson waving at you and yelling something.
"I guess you'll be staying here for today! Sundrop will give you instructions... Bye!" Uh, odd. He left. Guess he didn't wanna deal with this drama. You didn't mind though. You were going to make today a good day. You figured you'd just finish learning what your position would be later. You averted your attention back to the animatronic. He was skipping haphazardly towards a security desk that looked over the daycare. He swiftly let go of your hand and hopped over and behind the desk, after rummaging around in something, he pulled out a little yellow bandaid.
"Here! For your boo boo!" You liked his childish antics, a good fit for a daycare attendant. While thinking about the robots personality, he sat it wait. Finally, he grew a little impatient and grabbed your hand. It snapped you out of your thoughts. He sat you down in the security chair and unwrapped the bandaid. He didn't seem to have an idea about what personal space was as he was right in front of your face. He placed the little bandaid on your forehead and gave it a little healing peck. It caught you off guard, but you didn't voice it.
"all better! Now, I think it's time I show you how to run the daycare! The other security guard quit, so now it's your turn!" Quit? Was Grayson gonna place you in here regardless? You watched the animatronic grab something out of a drawer in the desk and hand it to you. It was an attendance sheet. You scanned the sheet and saw a ton of little names written on it.
"That's the attendance sheet of every child that is going to be here today! Every day, a new sheet is printed showing which kids are registered to come that day!" You hummed in acknowledgment about what your duty will be and leaned back in the chair. You looked back up to face the animatronic, but he was gone. At almost lightning speed, he disappeared. You spotted him near the craft area cleaning and arranging things to be neat. You felt weird just sitting here and watching him, so you got up from your spot and made your way to the crafts. Without a word, you helped clean things up and set them in their labeled spots. The animatronic looked towards your figure, wanting to say something, but couldn't. He looked down and resumed cleaning before he was once again distracted. You had asked him something.
"What should I call you?" It took the robot a bit to register what you had said before answering.
"Call me Sundrop! Or Sun for short !" In his own curiosity, he asked you the same question.
"my name is Y/n." You gave him a simple smile before finishing up with the crafts area. You noticed that Sundrop was deep in thought, so you left him and went to organize the pillows that the kids used.
'Y/n. Pretty.' The animatronic thought.

____________________Another chapter! I doodled what I thought your face would look like after he put the bandaid on, hope you like it! Tell me if there's any certain thing you want included in these doodles, I usually just put myself in them, but ...

Another chapter! I doodled what I thought your face would look like after he put the bandaid on, hope you like it! Tell me if there's any certain thing you want included in these doodles, I usually just put myself in them, but I want you guys to be able to relate to the scenes too! Happy New Years! 🎉🎇