N A P T I M E

The chaos in the daycare was rampant. Sundrop had children crowding at his feet, children were becoming overwhelmed at the action of their peers, and you were on the verge of a breakdown. You knew that something needed to change within the daycare.
Finally, you had enough. In your desperate attempt to get their attention, you hoisted yourself onto one of the craft tables in the center of the room.
"Children! I need your attention!" You yelled. But it was to deaf ears. You attempted a few more times but gave up when your words weren't getting thorough. You sat down in defeat. The anxiety the children gave you brought you to tears. You thought it was embarrassing that you were crying over this mishap so you hid under the desk to wipe your tears. Sundrop saw you. Although he couldn't be overwhelmed in the way that you were, he understood how you were feeling and wanted help you.
He gathered himself into the middle of the room so all the children could hear him.
"CHILDREN. ITS NAP TIME." They all stopped and looked at him. His loud and stern voice startled even you. "Lights... OUT."  You didn't know what this meant, but the children definitely did. The look of fear on their faces as they scrambled to get the pillows and blankets was noticeable on your part.
In almost an instant, the lights flashed off and you could hear whimpers coming from the crowd of children. Y0u rose from your spot underneath the desk and saw the children huddled on the ground. It was finally quiet. That was until you heard a menacing voice from behind you.
"Naughty girl... Naughty girl... what are you still doing up?" You were scared. The metallic footsteps were coming near you so you assumed it was coming for you. That was until you heard a whimper from your side. It was Charlotte. She was in tears and clung to y0ur shaking frame. You were both scared, but you had to be strong for her. Quickly, you took a blanket from under the desk and swaddled her into it. You held her close to your chest to try and help her sleep. The footsteps had stopped, but you could still here the robotic swearling that was mimicking a breath.
You were scared out of your mind. There was a robot hunting down any children caught awake and you didn't know what to do. You heard whimpers coming from the children in front of you, and you even had tears falling yourself. You fought to keep any cries coming from your own body until you heard cries coming from Charlotte. On almost instinct, you stopped crying. Without a thought, you started humming a lullaby.
its time
It's time to sleep
It's time it's time my dear
It's time to sleep
Calm your little cries
My baby
Baby baby just tonight
One more time and then we wake

The children heard you lullaby and scooted closer to hear better. Their cries calmed down and they settled into a easy slumber. In silence, the robotic hunter retreated away. From a distance, he admired you. The song you sang calmed himself.

____________
Hello everyone! A new chapter! I know this was short and a day late, but I had something kinda serious come up. I live up in the northern part of America and we recently just got some bad weather. My room is placed in the basement, so there's always a chance it floods. Water leaked down into my room, my room flooded and ruined my monitor, everything else is fine, I just needed to clean everything out so the plumbing people could drain it out.
also, unfortunately I got Covid, so I'll be home for the week. Fortunately for you guys, it gives me more time to write. I would like to have at least 3 chapters out this week. Please forgive me for the late chapter, I'll try to have them come on time.