his pov.

" DAD what do you think of Mom," a little girl ( well she was thirteen but Eren always thought of her as a little girl )  asked 

Eren put his book down on the side table, giving his daughter, Erika a confusing look " Well I think she's amazing and I love her very much" he replied. 

" No, I mean really think of her, like when you guys first met and afterwords" 

Eren laid back on the sofa remembering the day he first met Mikasa, it wasn't the normal way most people meet. 

" Well when I first met her I was saving her from being killed" 

Erika looked at her dad in half shock. She had heard her mom say he saved her life but she didn't she actually meant it. 

" Okay then what happened" 

" Well after she came lived with us till- wait why are you asking" 

Erika shrugged " I'm curious everyone at school says you and mom had an interesting relationship even uncle Armin" 

They weren't wrong his and Mikasa was defiantly something else, they were never officially 'together' or confessed their love as fast- heck he didn't even properly purpose to her with the 'will you marry me' phrase. 

" Well let's just say you're mom indirectly confessed to me when we were fifteen and I may or may not had indirectly purpose to her at that moment, I ended telling her I hated her then confessing I loved her to Armin at nineteen almost died but ended up being alive and told her how I actually felt about her"

Erika sat there in shock, she knew that her parents went through a lot with fighting titans and everything but she didn't know that they had a love-hate moment between them at one point. 

" Wow that's- I didn't know that how come you guys don't talk about it" Erika mentally slapped herself after asking that, obviously they wouldn't talk about it no one wants to be reminded how their lover told them they hated and almost died.

" For the reason, you think even after all these years I still feel guilty for putting your mom through all that" 

Erika nodded she had witnessed her dad give more affection to her mom on some days whispering a sorry. She never understood why and shrugged it off but it all started to make sense now. 

" Wait what about the red scarf" 

Eren smiled, even after all these years Mikasa still kept the scarf with her. 

" Well let's just say that scarf holds a very important meaning to her and that's something you should ask her" 

Throughout the whole conversation, Erika noticed one thing, the way her dad's face lit up when talking about her mom and how guilt would wash over his face when bringing up the memory of telling her he hated her.  

There was no doubt he really did love her. 

" One more question" she started with a small smile " what do you really think of mom" 

Eren smiled " I think she's the strongest, beautiful woman ever and to this still wondered what I did to deserve someone one like her" 

" You know exactly what you did Eren," a female voice said behind him. He turned around and his wife, Mikasa.

" How much of that did you hear," he said getting up walking towards her.

" Enough that I need to tell you're the only man for me and I love you" she smiled 

He smiled and cupped her cheeks connecting their lips together, giving her a sweet yet passionate kiss. 

Erika smiled at her parents before leaving the room, normally she would make some disgusting expression to their affection but decided to leave it just this once. 

It was no surprise they had both been through a lot and finally got the happily ever after they deserved and she didn't wanna ruin that for them now that they finally had each other after going through hell they found heaven within each other.