𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1

(the image above is drawn by Jace_xe)

g^n sh0t, alc0h0l, c!garettes. (if there are any other triggers I missed, please tell me!)

Edit: holy shat why are people STILL reading this

_____________

A light hum of conversations filled the bar the noirette sat in.

Everyone was talking to someone, but Alex himself was the only one alone. Nobody seemed to notice, but it didn't seem to bother the detective. He was a rather famous detective in a well-known city, named L'manburg(damn I'm not creative). He had a reputation for having solved a multitude of cases. The crime rates have been going up lately, and people have been worried. but it didn't stop them from going to bars or running nightly errands.

Suddenly, the shiny glass doors flew open and in walked a tall man, approximately 6'5 and had brown curled hair, part of it just lightly brushing against his dark glittery eyes. His locks seemed to bounce and sway as he moved. His dirty brown trench coat whooshed as he dramatically plopped himself down upon a tall stool, right next to his shorter friend.

"Quackity, My friend!" The brunette said, grinning toothily. "Why Hello, Wilbur" Alex chirped, returning the smile as he drank the last bit of golden liquid that was left in his well-polished glass cup. "What are you doing here?" The noirette asked, his smile slightly fading. Wilbur's mind seemed to be someplace else. He was staring at the golden-brown floor, seemingly staring into outer space. "Wilbur?" Alex asked, slightly worried.

"Wilbur, you okay?"

No response.

"Wilbur Soot."

No response.

"WILBUR!"

"Huh?- what- oh, yeah? What is it?" Wilbur finally responded with a stutter.

"What happened to you back there, you seemed out of your mind," Quackity said, adjusting his posture so his back wouldn't crack from remaining in the same position for too long. "Oh. Really? Sorry about that." Soot replied hazily. "Er... so... What were you saying again?" He asked awkwardly, turning away for a second. The noirette stared at him."Why are you here, you don't usually go to places with many people."

Wilbur seemed to tense up a bit before answering. "No reason, I was bored, so I wanted to see you." He mumbled quietly, but loudly enough for his friend to hear over the loud clamour in the bar. Quackity sighed once again, his black hair gleaming under the warm coloured lights in the bar. "It's dangerous out there, you shouldn't be out so late, It's like, what, midnight?" He spat, trying to seem rude rather than worried. "What, are you worried?" Wilbur teased. Quackity glared at him. "It's just- there's been so many murders happening lately. I don't want anything to happen to you... After all... you are my best friend."

Alex and Wilbur had been friends since middle school. Quackity was the new kid who just arrived, the Teacher ordered- I mean, asked Wilbur to show Quackity around the place. Wilbur then invited Quackity to his house, and the two played video games and really hit it off. Ever since then, they'd been inseparable, even when Wilbur moved away. Even when Quackity became a detective. Despite their differences, they were friends (with benefits /j) and nothing could drive a wedge between them.

The brunet smiled. "Fine, I'll be careful. And you should too, dear." Quackity scoffed.

"I've got to go now, I'll see you soon, Wilbur" Quackity smiled as he jumped off the red stool. "Good night, Alex!" Wilbur smiled back. Quackity opened the bar door and left as if he was in a rush. It was pretty late, after all.

____________

It was dark outside, despite the glowing and slightly broken street lights which flickered ever so often accompanied by the light dim of restaurant signs, gleaming in neon colours like magenta or turquoise. It was completely silent, like a ghost town if you were to ignore all the cars on the road. Quackity approached his car and unlocked the door.

Suddenly, he heard a gunshot, followed by a scream. He nearly dropped his silver keys on the nasty gravel ground which was tainted with who knows what. Instinctively, the noirette followed where he heard the sound and was led to the same bar he had left. a light shiver went down his spine as he sprinted in. More than half the people were gone due to the loud noise, including Wilbur. Quackity's friend was nowhere to be found, and he was worried. He looked everywhere, but couldn't find his precious brunette buddy(HELP).

Finally giving up, he went back outside, slightly shivering in the cold night air. He suddenly saw a tall-looking man, with curly dark brown hair. He wore a ridiculous-looking trench coat and a dress shirt underneath. He was smoking a cigarette. Grey smoke was coming out of it. "Wilbur?" Alex said out loud. "Ah, Hello, Quackity!" Wilbur waved, throwing his cigarette onto the ground and stepping on it. "I-" Quackity stuttered, perplexed. He ran to his friend and hug/tackled him. "I WAS LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU, I HEARD A GUNSHOT, AND I WAS WORRIED, AND I COULDN'T FIND YOU ANYWHERE!" He yelled, half angry half shaken. Wilbur hugged his friend. "now now, You found me, didn't you?" He smiled. Quackity glowered at him. "You need to stop giving me heart attacks, Seriously." He mumbled, slightly embarrassed. "Alright, I'm sorry, okay?" Wilbur smiled, or was it a smirk?

______________

word count-- 959 words.

well this is pretty fun .-. What do you think about this story so far? I tried my best on it ;^; This is my first time writing fanfiction (as I said before) so I'm not as good as you may expect me to be, so sorry about that! (also I just realized this chapter was pretty boring ;-;)

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and remember to drink water and take care of yourself! -Sky