My Saber Class Servant [1]

I never believed in magic no matter how many times it was thrown in my face. Maybe I wasn't smart enough to understand how it worked, or maybe I was just flat out in denial. It's even possible that the only reason I opposed magic was that I thought it felt good to go against something. It didn't. My brother had just gotten finished roughly explaining an event called the Holy Grail War to me. It had been a while since the last one, and usually they were held in Fuyuki, but for some reason it wasn't this time.

Y/N: And what're you gonna wish for if you win?

He shrugged.

Donatello: I'm going to become rich. The richest man to ever live. Past, present, or future.

Donatello Lendmark was my adoptive brother. I don't know my real family. All of my memories from before I was 14 are completely gone. Rumor has it the trauma was too difficult for me to deal with, so my brain just decided to discard the memories. Doesn't matter to me, though. The Lendmark family, who took me in, were the first people I can remember that I showed respect to. They introduced me to the world of magic, alchemy, witchcraft, and anything in between. Formerly, I despised magic and those who practiced it, but after tasting it for myself, I learned to admire those who could do it at a high level. Apparently, I also possess a large mana pool within me. My adoptive father called me a miracle child in the magic world.

Y/N: What even is the Holy Grail? I know it can grant any wish, but like... Under what circumstances?

Donatello: I don't know. Stick by me until this war's over and you'll find out.

Y/N: Well if it's anything like a genie, then pick your words carefully.

Donatello: What do you mean?

Y/N: Richest "man" to ever live? What about women, or gods who technically never lived, but just existed.

Donatello: Okay, alright I get it. You can help me figure it out when the time comes.

He smiled. He started excitedly looking at the back of his hand. He has a strange tattoo appear that he referred to as "Command Seals". Temporary markings were granted to him by the Holy Grail to acknowledge his participation in the Grail War. I was envious. Not of him being called to do something so amazing, but of his happiness. For as long as I can remember, I've never been happy. It's not that I'm always sad, but it's somewhat of a neutral feeling or stoicism.

**I wonder what it feels like to be happy. If I had a wish with the Holy Grail, I'd wish to be happy or something like that.**

[THE NEXT DAY]
{9:48 PM}

Donatello brought me out deep into the woods. He insisted that he needed to summon something called a "Servant" before the war began. Being his best friend, he wanted me to be there with him for his big moment. I still couldn't understand what it was about a "war" that had Donatello so happy and excited. I guess it's because I never had a reference point for happiness to sympathize with his feelings.

Y/N: Why do we need to come all the way out here for this?

Donatello: We don't. but it'll make this a bit more special, you know?

Y/N: If you say so. I don't know anything about this, so I'm following your lead.

Donatello: It's alright, just watch.

He proceeded to draw some type of ritual circle using blood. I wasn't even sure where he'd gotten the blood from, but he had it with him.