4.

September 3rd, 1992
- Astoria.

walking through the streets of New York City, ranked danger. but I was reckless and at this point of life I didn't care about dying.

people have been calling non stop, mostly family but friends also. Wondering where I've been & why I haven't caught up with them about my beginning career.

well let me tell you, if it isn't a conversation involving wine & obviously my flopped out past relationship, I don't even want to bother.

not to mention I almost forgot about the michael Jackson offer, but I was still waiting for a piece of thin paper in the mail that saids
"Astoria Lane, yes you crazy bitch. He did not like your art now go down a bottle and become a unemployed drunk"

I mean I could've made it way more harsh, but I'm pretty sure he's not all about that. He seems nice and I might've never talked to him one on one but at that event he didn't seem too sprung out on his ego.

he actually seemed nervous, which to me for some odd reason was so cute.

"astoria get a hang of yourself, asap, the guy is a pop star he doesn't even know you exist" I speak aloud, pulling the thick hoodie over my head as I returned back to my apartment building.

I really wanted to move back to chicago, for the feel of extreme comfort. But I'm broke, I spent every last dime on this piece of shit apartment.

exactly why I entered the contest to win some of michael Jackson's hard working money in the first place.
because not only will I be buying a new home, but I'll probably move out of the country.

away from everybody.

September 4th, 1992.
- Author/Narrator.

"I really do like this painting, it expresses youth and love" Michael pointed out as He showed his sister Janet the painting He held in his hands.

"Ooo yeah, I like that one a lot to, who painted it?" She flipped the painting reading the piece of scratch paper on the back.

"Yvette Ash, 23 from Columbia" janet hummed in satisfaction as she looked at her older brother then back down at the paper seeing his expression not changing one bit.

"C'mon mike we're trying to find you a real deal artist not your next date, you have to pick one of these or I'll just pick for you" she smiled causing him to let out a soft chuckle shaking his head at his sisters words.

He knew she was right, but he knew if he had to pick one of these artist that he would have to spend 7 months on tour with them. not only to do their job but he was just curious to how he would communicate with them.

He already agreed it wouldn't be a guy, that it would have to be a female and Janet didn't like that thought but she let it slide and just decided to come by and help anyway.

"yeah yeah, help me with the other ones dunk"
michael picked up two different paintings handing one of them to his sister, let her observe it as he observed the one he held.

"ooo mike, I think I found the girl for youuuuu" she teased as she held the painting up showing off it's vibrant colors and lovely handwriting.

and Janet wasn't lying, but how would this prove this was the woman for him? It was just a painting with colors and words. he wasn't sure how to respond so he just sighed and looked back down at the painting he held.

"I'm never gonna be able to pick out the perfect painting, this is too hard, their all so good" he groaned out of aggravation. His soft demeanour now turning some what to a pissed off one.

"it'll be fine michael, don't stress it. just pick this one, I like it" Janet continued to talk about the painting that she stared at.

"Astoria Lane, 19 from chicago Illinois.. she likes art because her uncle was a famous painter and she can relate to painting by the colors, it shows her .. emotions?" Janet read the back of the painting in slight confusion not sure how to put the words in her point of view.

"astoria is a pretty name" michael said aloud, completely unaware of his thoughts coming out through his mouth.

"yeah it is, hm.. we'll save this one for later. Let's look at the rest"

( think we almost getting there )