5.

September 5th 1992/Continuation- Michael

- Michael.

"well frank I think I found the painting, me and Janet stayed up all night long looking through as many as we could" I exclaimed out as a yawn  followed along, sleep almost taking over the core of my body. feeling too weak to stand or speak.

"you probably should've gotten some rest before you got here mike, looks like you haven't slept in days" well really frank was right, I haven't slept since the beginning of September. too busy to close my eyes.

my brain won't let me rest, even if my body saids so. work has took its toll on me.

"I know, I swear to get some later but here" I took the small piece of paper from the pocket of my jacket and handed it to frank.

"Her name is Astoria, her number is on there and everything" I yawned once more pointing to the spot where her number was located.

"And you couldn't have called her yourself jackson?" Frank smirked staring at me and I smiled tiredly shaking my head no.

"You know how that goes frank, they never believe it's really me calling" I explain as I've had countless memories of calling fans to surprise them.

"Yeah I know bud, well who was this young lady going up against?"

I honestly couldn't even remember the other painting Janet had picked out, I just knew it wasn't that good of a painting to me.

"I don't recall, but it wasn't too good, had nice colors though" I bluntly say before sitting down on the soft cushion letting my body relax.

"well I'll give this young lady a call, what do you want to do with the rest of the paintings?"

"sell them"
was the last thing I said before letting my eyes fall down into a deep slumber.

- Astoria.

"He hasn't contacted me yet, so I'm pretty sure that's the universe telling me I didn't get the offer" I laughed painfully into the phone not hiding my doubt and shame.

"listen, doubting yourself won-" just as Cleo was about to parent my life away, I heard the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hold up C, somebody else is on the other line" I quickly switch over hoping it's the funeral home telling me that my ex mark has died and if I would like to view his bod-

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone letting my evil thoughts come to a end.

"Uh yes this is  frank Dileo, I work with Michael Jackson- well I'm his manager and I was calling to let you kn-" I quickly placed the phone down against my pillow taking a deep breath in.

taking a quick reality check, not knowing what to expect. the pit of my stomach begin to turn as I picked the phone back up and placed it against my ear.

"Oh sorry, I had to pick up something really quickly. What did you say?"

"you won the contest, congratulations, now remember the touring begins on the 8th of September, we'll send you a car to pick you up and well you'll ride in a nice private jet. does that sound okay with you?"

and right there and then I wanted to scream my lungs away.

"yes, yes it does thank you so much" I could feel my blood flow in my heart stop for a second.

"and you'll receive your money over time, have a good night mrs. Lane"

"You too sir" as soon as I heard the phone click and Cleo's voice boom through my left ear drum I screamed the most loudest scream I've ever screamed.

it might've sounded like I was getting murdered, but I was so happy, words couldn't express.

"CLEO I WON, IMGONNABEONTOURWITHMICHAELFUCK-INGJACKSON" the words came out so fast that I swear it felt like I spent a second talking.

"YESSSS I TOLD YOU, YOU COULD DO IT" Cleo laughed cheering me on.

And this has the to be the best moment I've ever been in.

I won.