9.

September 9th,1992
- Astoria.

"So your telling me you are in a hotel room, with michael jackson, right now?" oceané's voice strained with almost excitement, as I laughed. this girl was so stupid sometimes, this is why I enjoyed her as a friend. we both had a hard time understanding some things.

"nooo silly, he brought me a hotel room, and it is absolutely gorgeous" I stood up looking around, noticing the sun set rising from outside the window.

"you know what, that's it, I'm buying a plane ticket right now and I'm coming to stay with you" oceané laughed but I knew she was serious, she was always serious.

"you better not, if michael and his manager were to know I have somebody else staying here they'll probably kick my nutty ass back to New York and I can't afford to lose this opportunity." And I mean't every single word, this was a grand opportunity in life, this job could actually take me places that I wished to afford.

"yeah yeah whatever, buuutttt I met somebody the other night, super hot and he can sure as hell lay it down" oceané popped her lips at the end causing us both to fall out in fits of laughter.

"No fucking way, what's his name?" me and oceané have known each other for over a year or two and even in that short span of time, I've grown to know her taste of men and even some of her dates. Her stories were always interesting.

"It's Shawn, Shawn crain, he's brothers with the artist prince, and I met him at this night club and girl he got the moveess" yep that's it. that's when I stop believing her stories.

"wait prince? like purple rain prince? like Oscar award winning prince? No way, I'm sorry, but I don't believe this one" I shook my head because no way could prince have a brother the world doesn't know about. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

"awww c'mon, I'm being so for real, he showed me pictures and everything. Trust me I didn't believe him at first either but- wait I'm going to call you right back, he's calling me" she whispered the last part before hanging up, leaving me there to wipe my tears of laughter.

and there goes the phone ringing off the hook again.

"oceané if your about to tell me that, that man isn't related to prince save i-" and before I could finish I was cut off by a sharp high pitched laugh. oh no. i knew exactly who that was.

"michael?" Jesus.

"who's not related to prince?" he sniffled probably from laughing so hard.

"oh nobody, my friend is just doing stupid stuff, why are you calling so early?" I genuinely questioned.

"plan is rehearsal & your coming along, we'll be there in around 20 minutes, don't take too long and we'll be talking more about that prince story, that was funny"

and there goes silence filling through everything.

"yeah definitely, well im going to go get ready" I took no time placing the phone down on the receiver.

that was awkward.

( next chapter will be so much longer, I promise!!)