-8

I don't know when I stood up and hopped over our coffee table and to the wall opposite of Nana but that is currently where I reside with a hand hiding my face. I felt wildly embarrassed by this kind of stuff... I just had no idea about any of it.

           "I knew it! Look at your reaction! You totally do like someone!" Nana jumped up and yelled with a smile on her face. Just then Seonghwa decided to open the door. We both looked at him. I immediately hid my face in my hands and turned towards the wall, knowing how red it was at the thought of someone like Nana thinking I'm in love with someone.

           "Am I interrupting something?" Seonghwa cleared his throat, hesitating with his hand on the doorknob.

            "No! Nope. Nothing!" I quickly said, my whole face feeling like it was burning red. I could feel him looking at me too which only made this worse.

             "Aw, cute!" Nana held her heart in her chest as she looked at me, "Seonghwa, honey, isn't our vice president so cute!"

             "Nana, seriously leave it—" but I couldn't finish my sentence, words caught in my mouth. And not missing the way she called him so sweetly irked me.

            "Yeah." Seonghwa said boldly and without hesitation. His face was plain except his faint polite smile as he said it, as if it were matter of fact, an everyday thing that could be said. He probably has agreed every girl is cute out of politeness, he really has no idea what it means to me. I covered my face again, not bearing to look at his face again. I felt my knees go weak against the wall I was leaning against like they hadn't even recovered from before.

            "She is! Jinah, please, you have got to let me set you up with someone!" Nana jumped up and clapped, "My guy best friend likes girls just like you!"

            "No, I don't think that's a good idea." Seonghwa spoke up before I could.

             "Aw, no fun. Why not?" She turned around to ask, I also allowed my face to look up at him. He cleared his throat as he entered the room.

              "We're preparing for the school festival right now, exams are soon. Is now really the right time to be looking for a boyfriend? It'd only be a distraction." Seonghwa said, and for some reason it began to make my skin boil. I tried to keep my cool as they bickered for a while:

           "Maybe he could help us with the festival! He loves stuff like that. The best boyfriends always do little extra things like that."

           "Jinah doesn't need some guy to do that stuff for her."

           "Sure she doesn't need it, no girl does but it's a teenage girl experience! And it isn't fair that a pretty girl like Jinah doesn't have something like that. Practically a crime!"

           "You can't even guarantee this guy you're setting her up with will actually like her or treat her nicely. If he doesn't then that's just hurting her—"

             "So what?! Trial and error. If she doesn't try now she might never get the chance." Nana whined, and it was my breaking point.

            "Don't worry about it!" I said, and it was like they just remembered I was there. Something about them being so worried over something so embarrassing like nobody ever loving me made me want to run away, "I didn't know my lack of a love life would be such a heated topic. But please don't let it burden you guys any further."

            "Jinah—" Seonghwa started to try and stop me but I was already walking, my backpack being thrown over my shoulder, hoping my tears were staying in my eyes and my hair hopefully covering the red of my ears. Nobody worse could've come through this door today at this moment that I'd been asked about my love life and made me feel like this.