𝟎𝟎𝟏; ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴇ

SIRIUS BLACK hated family reunions. The aristocratic boy with shoulder length black hair, sharp predominant features, sterling grey eyes and slight crinkles at the corner of his mouth from smiling too much hated a lot of things. But he absolutely loathed family reunions.

It was a mutual feeling, at least.

The moment the doors to the Great Hall had opened and he spotted his family, he cursed on the spot. Thus causing his three best friends, James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin to start snickering next to him. They were all aware of how Sirius felt about his family, from being cast out as a blood traitor, to being screamed at and to being disowned by his own blood.

Whilst Euphemia and Fleamont Potter stressed about what the group of Marauders had done now, it seemed as though Sirius was in daze ― watching his family, something he never thought he would do once he vowed to never look at them again. Although, he had already broken this vow every time he tried sneaking glances at his younger brother in the year below him, Regulus Black.

Sirius nearly yelped back in his seat as he caught his grandfather's eye, Arcturus, and to his surprise the elegant man winked at him discreetly, while is lip turned upwards cheekily for a moment. The seventeen year old was aware his grandfather had hated his mother for disowning him, hell for Walburga even existing and Sirius was sure that all of Wizarding England knew about that too.

Perhaps, Sirius thought, that whatever this is, won't be too bad.

Beside the Gryffindor table full of whispering lions was the Slytherin table that housed silent snakes that observed the situation quietly. Regulus Black, a sixteen year old who was the second born of Walburga and Orion Black, second to his name, was surrounded by his friends, Evan Rosier, Caius Avery, Barty Crouch Jr and his somewhat acquaintance, Severus Snape; who was known to often fall to his brothers scandalous pranks.

Tapping his knuckles on the rich coloured wood table, Barty leaned inwards and whispered, "Ten galleons it has to do with your brother,"

Regulus sighed at the mention of his brother, whom he didn't know whether to beat up or hug, and smartly replied to Barty, "Ten galleons, it's not."

"Fine― Wait, you bitch! That means you get twenty galleons if it's not."

"I am aware, Barty."

Caius, Evan and Severus shared equally as annoyed looks, it had only been the start of the school year and they'd already had enough of their banter. Although, they found it amusing because they all knew not to make a bet with Regulus Arcturus Black, especially if you have the name Barty Crouch Jr.

"If your so smart then, Regulus, predict what will happen, I dare you," Barty mocked the raven haired boy.

"Fine, I bet five galleons it'll be about the future or time travel," Regulus nonchalantly bet. 

Barty cracked his neck and back before shaking his shoulders, breathing deeply and cracking his knuckles out before him, "Oh-oh-oh, okay, you're going down, Black."

"Yeah, sure, mhm," Caius, Evan, Severus and Regulus commented. Their eyes all turned back to the scene before them as they, like everyone else, seemed to be too distracted by what could happen to actually pay attention.

All occupants in the Great Hall watched as Headmaster Albus Dumbledore, a noble, brave and intelligent wizard, or so they thought, crossed the hall from the high table for the staff at the back of the hall with the Gryffindor Head of House, Professor Minerva McGonagall and other staff members trailing behind them.

The elderly man with a glistening silver beard stood before the newcomers warmly with his hands interlocked before him as his grandfatherly voice projected throughout the silent hall, "Welcome, welcome― "