Soompi

BLACKPINK’s Emiy To Make Solo Debut In August + YG Shares New Details

BLINK's are waiting for new masterpiece from Emiy.

On July 18, YG Entertainment officially revealed new details about Emiy's highly-anticipated solo debut. According to the agency, Emiy has already completed filming for her music video, and she will be performing her solo debut track for the first time at The Tonight Show Staring Jimmy Fallon and #OUTNOW.

YG Entertainment announced, “Emiy completed all filming for her solo album title track’s music video in early-July. As the production budget for the video was unprecedented, the music video is a large-scale production, and we are currently doing our utmost in the final stages to ensure a high-quality release.”

As for the release of Emiy's solo debut album, YG revealed that Emiy will make her debut on August 2nd with her 1st Mini Album "XOXO". There are three songs in the album "Dumb Dumb", "XOXO" and "Anymore". YG Entertainment also announced the pre-order album can make started on today.

YG Entertainment also shared new information about the track, describing it as “mellifluous, while also capturing the strengths of Emiy's soulful vocals.” The agency added, “It is a song that is completely different from BLACKPINK’s music to date.”