The meeting

Sarah's POV

I was in a room waiting for the decision about my fate. I was marked by him. That handsome Alpha. It was a pleasurable feeling of pain. I am no sadist but I was loving this pain.

I had never before felt such emotions for anyone let alone a werewolf. Yes I was always infatuated by their strength and agility. These were the only qualities I appreciated in men and their Kind. Apart from Theo no one had ever affected me. He is the greatest strategist known to Hunters our kind. I respected him a lot but love, lust these things were far away from me. I always took my solace in training and only training.

My parents died when I was 11, Moran took me in. He trained me to become a hunter just like my parents. As far as I remember I had always worn a mask whether among friends or foes. It was Theo's idea. He thought my beauty could distract other hunters.

Except for Theo and Moran nobody had seen my face. Theo had always been in love with me though I didn't share the feelings. He was ten years my senior but looked quite young. He had bleach blonde hair, pointed nose, emerald eyes. His height was 6-2 he was very handsome. Many girls wanted him but I was not one of them. It was perhaps due to his harsh nature. He had never been polite to any one. He had always been more of a physical guy. I on the other hand was more of a romantic waiting for my love to come and sweep me off my feet.

It was reason enough for me to reject Theo when he proposed to me at the age of 14 (Well I was also not legal, but theo just wanted me bound to him). Since then he is waiting for me. At 24, I agreed to his marriage demand or should I say I was coerced to do so. Hunters have to marry eventually to give way to the next generation. Thus arrange marriages are very common.

Now that my marriage to Theo was due next week, my dream man had just entered the picture. I knew nothing about him but I knew that he is the one for me, my mate as the weres call it or my soul mate as I see it.

The council of werewolves and hunters were having a heated debate inside the main hall. The hunters wanted me back. Theo wanted me. Being the son of our leader Moran he was very powerful.

At present he was standing right across me lost in thoughts.

"Miss Sarah, please come into the main hall"

I was called in the council room. Theo followed me in. He took out his sword as he saw my love, my mate.

My mate also seemed angry to see Theo accompanying me into the hall.

The Chief counsellor Madam Shira ordered everyone to calm down. She then turned towards me asking in a polite voice

"Miss Sarah, Its your decision to make. Do you want Mr. Theo as your husband or do you want Alpha Dan as your mate?"

Isn't it obvious who I want.

Theo seemed really angry at the counsellors question and replied in my place

"She is in trance. She will obviously select him"

I looked at him calmly and spoke for the first time

"I am in no trance. I am in Love. I really am sorry but we have to break our engagement. I can only marry my soul mate and no one else"

Moran put his hand on Theo's shoulder calming him down. Theo looked at me for one last time and then left. Moran turned to the council and announced,

"Sara has made her decision. She is like a daughter I never had. I will honour her choice. Perhaps this will be the beginning of a new friendship between the hunters and weres. Lets cheer for the young couple"

Dan's POV

In front of the Alphas and Hunters alike she claimed to Love me. I was amused at the thought. I was angry at Theo for claiming my mate. Being an alpha I couldn't give her up. She was necessary for my very survival. She was a part of my being.But saying that all I still hated hunters and she was a hunter.

My hatred for hunters ran deep. They had killed my mother. My mother was not a saint rather she was a power hungry rogue who had betrayed me and my father. But still she was my mother. I was hiding in my room when the hunters came for her and killed her. I had seen the whole event and had nightmares for many nights. My uncle Nate had been my only friend at that time. When I grew up he told me about the treachery of my mother and how she killed my father before being killed by the hunters. But still I couldn't remove that memory of her being murdered in front of me. The hunter who killed my mother had found me later hiding under the bed. He seemed sorry but his actions had planted deep seeds of hatred in my heart.

Now that I am a grown up man I can tolerate hunters in council meetings but I cannot relate to them. This girl was also one of them. She could be my mate, my Luna but not my lover.

Dunga, king of Alphas, called me to come on the stage where the elders were seated. Dunga being my friend knew my hatred of hunters yet he was silent. He wanted me to see the goodness in hunters but had never succeeded before. Now It was his chance to make me an ally to hunters. He knew I had one of the most powerful were clans in the south. He claimed that hunters and weres can work together to defeat the rogues. For me it was all talk and nothing more.

Dunga called me again. I instantaneously became attentive and reached the platform. The king of Alphas handed me a ring with a were wolf mark on it. Moran the leader of Hunters gave another ring bearing a hunter mark to her. Marriage was important for hunters, the humans, but not for us. But yet I had to go through this stupid ceremony to please the king and the council.

In a simple ceremony Moran pronounced us husband and wife. Vows were made and we exchanged our rings.

I looked far away in the corner of the Hall. There she was, Cebile my lover. She seemed sad. I would not let her saddened by this absurd ceremony. Once we were back I would make love to her. I mind-linked her to join me as I left with my wife to our lands.