The attack

Sarah's POV

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of Helicopters and a strange smell.

My senses were working great. I was healed. I immediately knew the smell was the gas use to make rogues unconscious.

"Hunters"

I thought

I looked out of the window. Theo was leading a whole army of hunters. They had surrounded pack houses and were coming in from all directions. The guards were obviously unconscious and nowhere to be found. I knew a slaughter would follow soon.

I had to warn Dan

"Dan wake up"

Was all I could mutter

"He was unconscious. He could die, they could all die if left unattended in the gas for long".

I dragged him down to the lounge.

I could only see unconscious bodies on my way downstairs. Once in the lounge I met the human family Mr Piper, his wife sally and their two kids Sam and Pam. They were the care takers of the pack house. With worried looks they stared at me though happy to see me alive and conscious. I told them that we had to save all 300 pack members in this building. That we had a narrow window. It was a difficult task as we had at most an hour at hand. I knew we had no hope for the 68 guards outside the pack house. We had to act quickly. Soon Theo and his men would infiltrate the pack house.

I knew that Theo would Kill Dan immediately without any regard for me or my wishes. I had to protect my mate. Alcohol sniffing was the only way that would make a were concious again. I remembered how we used alcohol on unconscious rogues to interrogate them.

As I entered the sick room I found Cebile there. She was concious because the Were gas doesn't work on already sedated Were wolves. Still weak from her wounds I told her the situation. She understood what I required and pointed towards a cupboard with different tonics in it. I took two large bottles of alcohol with me as I helped her out of the room.

Mr Piper and his family had already dragged most of our pack members down to the corridor leading to the basement. He was worried as he didn't know the lock combination to the strong iron door. Cebile solved our problem. Being a pack member she knew the password to the basement door. In an hours time we dragged everyone out of their room and into the basement. As we moved the last bodies downstairs I heard boots entering the main compound.

I locked the door behind us. I broke the two large alcohol bottles near the bodies. In five minutes every one came back to their consciousness but still weak and mentally disoriented. The basement lead to a network of tunnels. Cebile took us through one of the tunnels that eventually brought us out into the forest.

By now Dan and others had gained complete consciousness. I had briefed them about what was happening. Dan seemed very angry but he knew his pack was still in danger. They shifted in seconds. Humans were seated on their backs. Soon they leaped into the forest running north. After 3 hours long run we reached black spring pack.

I stopped Dan from moving forward and instructed him to send Mr Piper as a scout.

"Dear but he is a human, he can get hurt"

I said in a serious tone

"You don't know Theo. I think situation might be very gloomy for weres of Southern provinces. Mr Piper is a human that is why he should go and check on your friends. I think Theo would have launched a simultaneous attack on all Were packs of these southern lands. We should tread very carefully."

She is right Alpha

said Saber

Mr piper came back in half an hour with the sad news of a large scale slaughter.

Dan was frustrated but he was the alpha and he had to make a decision.

"We will move North to the snowy mountains. Its September. We have to reach the Zalo Pass before ice covers it within the next few days"

"But we have no supplies, no clothing, nothing"

Said Saber

"I can help there. As we stop at the next human village I will purchase all the basic supplies we need."

I said and added

" Theo will know once we come in contact with a human village but we have no other option. He has his men placed in all human villages surrounding the were clans."

Dan was surprised and replied

"I didn't know the hunters had us under strict surveillance. In any case you are right we should reach the Zalo pass within a week otherwise it will be covered with snow. If we reach the northern lands safely then we can decide what to do next."

Then he pointed to Poser the head of tracking team to lead us to the next village Jasim.

By night fall we were in Jasim.

Mr Piper and sally took out enough cash from the ATM machine to buy us three large trucks. I went to the grocery store and bought torches, medicines, hiking tents, camp beddings, canned food and water bottles. We put all the supplies in the trucks and left the village.

I had seen Shawn in the grocery store. He was an informant for Theo. He would immediately inform Theo about our presence in Jasim. We have to reach the pass quickly. We had already filled our trucks with fuel. Dan and the pack members were waiting for us in the forest. We took them and started our journey. Once we reached the snowy mountains I told Dan to stop. I asked them to put a lot of snow on our trucks to camouflage them. I knew helicopters will be on our pursuit very soon.

At that instant I saw Poser with a frightened expression. He was pointing towards the sky. Four black dots were moving in our direction. "They are here. They have weapons. They will destroy us"

Dan shouted

"Park the trucks in the snow cover them with branches we have to hide"

Theo's POV

My beloved Sarah

"Dan will pay the price for touching you for making you his.

I am coming for you, I will find you before you reach the zalo pass

And even if you cross it and reach the northern lands

I will take you. You belong to me and only me"