Chapter 41

"Having a good day Darling?" Owen asked as he came up behind her. She turned and beamed up at him. She reached out to hug him then froze and stepped back when she realized she had paint on her hands and shirt. Owen chuckled and hugged her, "Don't worry about it, paint washes out. I will never refuse a hug from you." He felt her smile against him and tighten the hug slightly. "Now are you having a good day?" He asked when she pulled away.

She nodded then sat back down when he sat beside her. "We had lunch out here," Corey nodded then frowned when his phone started ringing. He stepped away and then came back a few minutes later, "Sorry Sweetheart, I have to go handle something at work."

She frowned then hugged him. "I'm off so I'll sit out here with you," Owen said and she nodded as she watched Corey leave. They sat in comfortable silence other than music playing around them. He noticed she seemed to be completely at ease and it made him happy she was starting to lower her walls even more around them without realizing it. It meant her mind was starting to heal.

"Here they are," They both looked up to see Luke, Gabe, and Kota heading their way. "Having fun Cupcake?" Luke asked as he wrapped his arms around her from behind. She tensed for a split second then relaxed into his arms. Owen noticed Luke beam at her reaction.

I'm having a good day She signed. I got to hear Owen and Victor play together and spent most of the day out here painting while listening to them. Marc even made me breakfast in bed and Corey brought me lunch so I didn't have to stop painting. How was your dress up session thing Gabe? She asked watching him. She was a little nervous about being in Luke's arms around the rest of them but they didn't seem to mind so she tried to not let it bother her.

"It was fucking stupid," Gabe rolled his eyes, "They sent the wrong outfits then a couple of models clearly didn't read their notices about what makeup was being used and got fake tans before hand so the make looked so wrong on them. They clearly were just there so they could say they were, but jokes on them because I fucking made sure to not edit their photos. If they didn't want to follow fucking instructions then it will be their own fucking faults for looking like clowns."

I'm sorry you had a bad day She signed and he smiled.

"Thanks Trouble," he squeezed her hand, "but I'm fucking over it now that I'm home with you. You always know how to make the day better. It's their loss not mine. Now, I'm fucking starving, what do we want to do for dinner?"

I made chicken alfredo with vegetables earlier when I got up to stretch my legs, she signed as Luke pulled his arms away so Kota could hug her from behind. It's on the stove, I can just reheat if everyone else are on their way home. I wasn't sure when everyone would be home so I wanted to make something that was easy to reheat and still be good.

"You are the best Ten," Kota smiled. "Everyone will be coming home at different times but we can send a text letting them know that you made dinner so they won't stop and get something to eat." She nodded so Luke grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"They said it sounds wonderful," Luke said looking at his phone, "and that they will be home as soon as they can. They also said to tell you thank you for making dinner."

She felt Kota pull away so she stood then frowned when she felt off balance. "Whoa, easy Ten," Kota said concerned as he put his hands on her hips to keep her steady. "Are you okay?"

"I'm calling Sean," Owen said worried. "Were you feeling dizzy earlier?" She signed no and he spoke for a few minutes then hung up. "Sean said it could be from you being outside all day. You may have just gotten overheated. He wants you to stay inside for the rest of the day and if you start to feel better than we will just have to make sure you take short breaks. That break inside was still cooking so you didn't really get a break from being around heat. Let's head inside and cool down. Sean is finishing his rounds then he will be here, he wants to check for himself that you are okay."

She yawned and nodded, "I think you need a nap Ten," Kota chuckled and she shrugged as he swept her up bridal style and carried her inside. She started to protest but then gave in knowing it was a useless battle. She glanced over his shoulder to see Gabe and Luke gathering up her stuff. She relaxed back into Kota's arms and closed her eyes. Within moments she was asleep.