Chapter 13 Stuff Happens

After explaining some things, such as Keith being able to switch between his two heritages and teaching Keith to use meditation to help control his emotions, the team felt pretty good. After a few days, Pidge managed to find a hidden Galra base.  Currently, they were in the middle of planning.

"Okay, we use Green to sneak into the base. Keith will be disguised as a Galra soldier, as he can look the part, as well as give us access. Pidge will download the information we need, while the rest of us stay here monitoring progress." Shiro explained.

"Actually, Shiro, I will join them on this mission." Allura said. Everyone looked at her like she was crazy. Lance and Coran just looked outright worried, as they knew what she had planned.

"Sorry Princess, but I see no need for you to go on this mission."

"Shiro, I don't think Keith can keep up a calm facade. His emotions are still all over the place. If he gets nervous, he could unconsciously switch to his human form. He could anger an officer on accident. While he is good for protection, I can pull off a disguise." Allura then used Altean shape shifting to grow taller and turn her skin purple. Coran had let Lance know in advance that very few Alteans could change hair color, or hide their facial markings. Allura managed to hide hers, but her hair was still white. Now everyone was just staring.

"Alteans are a chameleon like species. It is helpful in the field of diplomats." Shiro thought for a few seconds before changing the plan to only leave Lance, Hunk, and Coran behind. Coran started to threaten Shiro, telling him to keep Allura safe. Hunk wished Pidge good luck, and Allura got ready to leave. Lance pulled Keith to the side.

"Please don't let anything happen. Allura is technically the only family I have left." he pleaded.

"I'll try not to let anything happen, but you never know what will happen on a mission." Lance nodded, accepting that there would be a possibility of the mission turning for the worse.

Time skip

It turned for the worse. They were discovered. Keith got injured, Pidge managed to keep all the information they got, but when the Galra were almost on top of them, Allura, in a show of the real strength that Alteans hide, literally threw Shiro before the doors closed. Allura had been captured. Of course, she managed to get a few punches in.

Coran was livid when they came back without her. Shiro told him that there was nothing he could do, as he was literally thrown to safety by Allura. Lance then convinced Coran to direct his rage into getting Allura back.

So they attacked Zarkon's command center to rescue her.

Then, the wormhole used to escape went crazy. The paladins got separated, stranding Lance and Hunk on a water covered planet. Lance and Hunk ended up finding an alien species that looked a lot like mermaids. They then were invited to eat with the queen and rest before contacting their team. The last either of them remembered was eating dinner.

Time skip

Of course they ate the brainwashing food, and got involved in a huge conflict. Lance was relieved after it was over. When he was under the influence of the 'Baku' as they called it, he nearly revealed his Altean side. That was close. Not to mention some really annoying theories that did not help Lance sleep for a while. Luckily, he no longer needed to wear a jellyfish on his head. That alone nearly made his Altean side take over from the pain.

They were then told about what happened to everyone else. Pidge was stuck in a space dump, or trash nebula as she called it. There, she gathered up pieces and made some thing that boosted her green lion signal to reach the castle. 

Allura and Coran were stuck in a time loop. According to her, the mice kept changing into different animals, and Coran kept getting younger. He was an infant when the castle finally locked onto Pidge's coordinates, allowing them to leave the wormhole turned time loop. 

Shiro and Keith landed on a pretty much barren planet that was hard, yet brittle. It had some form of liquid under the hard surface, that sometimes escaped as a geyser. There were a few aliens that were basically animals. They tried to eat Shiro, who had been wounded in the battle.

Speaking of which, the Paladins were now waiting for their leader to finish healing in a pod.

Sorry about the long wait. I had to figure some things out for this one. I also was busy with my other fanfiction, Harry, Adopted son of Perseus. Far as I can tell, it has gotten quite popular. Anyways, I hope this chapter was enjoyable. The next one should be coming soon. Also, thank you so much!

 Also, thank you so much!

-Museo7