Chapter 18 The girls are Clueless

Pidge and Allura met up in Allura's room. It had been a couple days since the battle with Zarkon. It had been a success, but they were far from done with ending the war. However, that was not why these two were together. This was the What-is-Lance-hiding meeting. They held these very rarely, but that does not mean that they let go of their suspicions. They also were not held in Pidge's because of the mess.

"So, what have we found?" Allura asked.

"Absolutely nothing. The guys either don't care, or already know." Pidge said thoughtfully.

"There is no way that they know. Lance has not said anything to them. The mice have not reported anything. As far as I know, Coran's story checks out. He does help around the castle, in exchange for practicing Altean with a native speaker." Allura sighed. She had to admit that he was getting better at speaking Altean. Pidge groaned. She still thought Lance had an ace up his sleeve, but that seems to not be it. Maybe it was practicing with a native speaker, or he just is really good at languages.

"That's all the camera's picked up. Do you think he is avoiding cameras?" Pidge had this look on her face that was somewhat worrying.

"He might be, but there is no way he can avoid the mice. Unless he is with Coran. Human ears simply can not hear the mice sneaking around." Pidge snorted internally. Human ears could hear the mice, it was that Altean ears had a greater range of hearing. Then she realized something.

"Also, we have been so busy, that I haven't been paying attention because I am busy." Maybe that is how he talked to the guys. Whenever they were busy and not paying attention, Lance finds a way to tell them his secret.

"Something is up. And we are the only ones that don't know." Allura reached the same conclusion.

"Why are you worried that Lance stopped the flirtatious comments anyway? If anything, it seems that he has learned to stop goofing around." Pidge was finally close to giving up. Lance is surprisingly sneaky when he wants to be.

"It's like he sees me differently. He's no longer annoying me. It might be nothing, but I have a feeling it is not." It had been a month and a half since she noticed something was going on with Lance. By now, it seemed to be the new normal, but Allura was sure that something was off.

Meanwhile

All the guys were in Lance's room. Coran was only there as moral support. Hunk and Keith were there to make sure nothing interrupted them. The excuse was if Pidge and Allura could have girl time, then they could have guy time. Shiro looked questioningly at Lance, "is this later?" Lance nodded. He took a deep breath and shifted to his Altean form. He had gotten better at managing stress, but it was hard in battle sometimes.

"Okay, the reasoning for Allura smothering me is that she is my aunt. Her older brother somehow escaped Altea, and landed on Earth. My best guess is that he got frozen and when he got out, he met my mom. The rest is history." Shiro stared at Lance for a bit.

"That makes so much sense. So, why are we being so secretive about this?"

"Allura and Number 5 have been trying to spy on Lance. To figure out what is going on." Coran answered, "Lance is not ready to tell Allura-"

"Because he is trying to get over flirting with his aunt."

"-and we all remember what nearly happened with Keith." Everyone shuddered. Lance returned to human form.

"Ok, I'll not tell them, but they will figure it out sooner or later." Shiro promised.

"We know, Shiro, we know."

"I just want it to be on my terms. I don't want to be treated differently. After all, I am still the same guy." Lance explained.

"We're here for you."

I was bored, and wanted to write somehting not really all that related to the plot. It kind of is, but I had realized that I hadn't written more on Allura and Pidge trying to figure out the secret. Oops. It's not my best work, but that should tide you guys over while I work on the next chapter. Thank you for sticking with this.

-Museo7