Part 24

happy holidays everyone!

Miya left in a hurry earlier today, truth be told it made me a little worried. I wonder if it's something I did...

I'll ask him when he picks me up to go to S tonight. It was the finals for the tournament apparently, ADAM was humiliated last round by a little rain, he's a pathetic excuse of a man. Now he was going to race Langa again.

It was going to be the biggest race at S in years. I feared for Langa's safety, especially after Cherry Blossom told us that it was planned to be set at the old track, the one at the top of the mountain. 

The track was extremely dangerous, the mountain ledges were steep and sharp, they could kill you if you fell the wrong way, hence why it was condemned.

My front door flies open and I'm greeted with a rather ecstatic Miya Chinen. 

"Hey you ready to go?"

"Oh- yea give me a second." I respond in shock at his sudden change in attitude from earlier. I grab my board and mask and we head out the door.

Miya lied his board down on the concrete of the sidewalk and I followed suit, I grab his hand and we rode to S side by side.  It wasn't visible but there was a nervous tension in the air. ADAM is a dangerous man.

We arrive at the gates of S where Cherry and Joe were patiently waiting. None of us spoke a word. We just sat nervously. 

Crowds start to form all around, each screen showing the S symbol. People were crowding around me and I keep hold of Miya's hand. Miya sensed my discomfort and pulls me closer to him as we spot Shadow's car.

"Langa!" Both me and Miya shout. "Are you gonna be ok?" I ask.

The Canadian boy just nods his head and looks over to Reki.

"Langa... I believe in you." Reki smiles.

Langa begins his hike up the hill and my nervousness only got worse. I hear the roar of a helicopter engine.

ADAM.

ew. anyways.

ADAM was flown to the top of the hill where he was to meet Langa, who was apparently still making his way up. The screen flickers onto the starting point of the race. 

ADAM was in this ridiculous spandex outfit. It looked like he robbed the back of a Spencer's...

Wow I didn't think he could get any creepier.

The race was about to start, I could see Langa enter the corner of the screen. The anticipation was killer.

ADAM was busy talking and smoking a cigar as Langa lines his board up to the line.

ADAM stomps on his cigar and both skaters jump to the ledge. 

My eyes clash towards the screen and my anxiety was still high as each sharp edge and corner was rounded. ADAM was taking control of the track, he was being reckless.

Langa used a high jump to his advantage but so did ADAM... this race was really challenging to tell who the winner would be. ADAM landed in front and started lifting up his board the slightest bit.

Oh no... he was performing Love Hug. ADAM ran towards Langa and swung his board, he narrowly misses Langa because Langa decided to slide under the swing.

He tries performing another swing but instead lands in front of Langa, after that the blue haired male seemed to go into a trance. He was just straight following ADAM until he hit an area of just rotted boards connecting the track. He continues to ride until the board broke...

He has fallen through.

"LANGA!"