• Chapter 2 •

Willow's POV

There was a knock.

I was already waiting for them in the kitchen, which was by the front door.

I got up slowly, rethinking what we were going to discuss.

Today was the best time for us to discuss the "incident" since my dads weren't home this week. It meant that we didn't have to worry about keeping quiet as to not worry my parents with this whole dilemma.

I love my parents but they're very over-protective. If they found out I was even slightly involved in some drama, they'd probably want to keep me locked at home until the whole thing somehow passed on its own.

This thought is what worried me the most: if they were to do that, would this thing ever pass? 

I tried not to answer my own question, but I knew the answer. 

I heard another loud knock from right infront of me. It startled me and made me jump back to reality. 

I hurriedly opened the door, letting Luz and Amity inside.

They both greeted me; I just gave them a nod as they walked in past me. Why do I keep zoning out like that?

I probably just need coffee.

_________________

About 30 minutes later

-I honestly still can't believe that anyonw would fall for that - the golden-eyed witch seemed to be laughing with disbelief.

-That I would try to blow the school up! And in the middle of the day?... Remember how we thought she wouldn't be able to pull it off at first... - Luz's usual happy glow was gone at this point and it was painful seeing her in this state.

-She really thought of everything - I spoke at last, partly just thinking out loud. - the emails Luz "sent" to her friends in the human realm, and how did Boscha even manage to get her hands on that TNT!?

...

-You said you had a plan. Do you think you can explain it?

I took a deep breath trying to clear my head so I could think more clearly. I think it helped a bit.

-Well... I did some digging into the situation and went to the school basement since that's were the explosives were placed. I noticed they had working cameras there. This. Entire. Time. So I went to the princliples office to ask for that tape but he said there aren't any cameras in the basement. Lier. Obviously I couldn't tell him I just went there and saw them 'cause I'd get explelled myself, so I stayed at school 'till 5 just waiting for everyone to leave so I could get access to those camera's myself.

I looked up for a split second to see I have Luz and Amity's full attention. I looked back down though 'cause eye contant is hard.

-Long story short, I managed to pick a few locks and find the right office but I soon remembered I don't know shit about computers or hacking them. But thennnnnn I remembered your friend Vee  (who says 'hi' by the way) studies coding so I gave her a call and we managed to find that tape of Boscha and her friends placing TNT in the basement. I downloaded it onto this CD here. Now we pretty much everything we need to prove Luz's innocence.

I held up the CD. I let them look at it for a moment, then put it down and finishing my fourth cup of coffee.

I looked up at the two to see if they had any thoughts or questions, but they stayed silent. The "cotton-candy haired" witch opened her mouth as if she was going to ask a question, but seemed to have changed her mind a moment later.

-OH - I spoke up, remembering one more detail - and the reason I look like this is because there was no way out of the school that night. I had to wait for the cleaners to come this morning to break out since its Saturday - I muttered the last sentance.

The two started laughing at that last part.

-Oh, you find my misery funny?! - I looked from Luz to Amity before starting to laugh myself when I realised the absurdity of this situation.

-Willow - the caramel-skinned human spoke up first - ...I'm honestly impressed! And... amazed! You went through all that? For my sake? You didn't have to but, thanks! I owe you. - the latina gave me a smile.

The girl then hugged me tightly. I needed it honestly. 

-Don't worry about it! That's what I'm here for. - I hugged her back for a moment before we let go of each other.

-I have to admit, I'm impressed too. - Amity added with a smirk on her face.

_________________________

We then spent some time discussing the plan. At least, I think we did-

At that point I was purely running on adrenaline from my coffee, so I don't really remember much.

Next thing I remember is waking up in my bed with no sense of space or time. 

I sat up in my bed rubbing my temples as if that was going to help me remember something-

It felt like I was on drugs or something, but I'm pretty sure it was just sleep deprivation from reading fanfictions every night for the last 5 days instead of actually getting any sleep.

I looked to my right to find a half-full bottle of water. Without thinking, I chugged all of it and headed for my bedroom door.

To my surprise, I heard some voices and giggles comming from downstairs.

For a moment I thought the voices where in my head, but the more I woke up, the more certain I became that it was just those annoying creatures who hadn't bothered returning home last night.

I went downstairs and was immediately greeted to Luz and Amity getting up from the couch and walking towards me, asking if I was feeling any better.

-What happened? Yesterday's a blur. - I managed to get the words out after remembering what language is.

-Nothing much... you just suddenly passed out yesterday so we brought you upstairs and decided to stay the night in case you needed us. - Amity answered in an unusually happy voice.

-Yup, and I made you some tea to make you feel better! - the sparkle in Luz's umber eyes had returned now.

-Thanks - I took the tea from Luz, gave them a smile and turned around, heading back up to my bedroom.

-Now get out of my house - I shouted to them in a monotone voice about halfway up the stairs.

I knew damn well why they wanted to spend the night together... on my couch...

Ugh-