Chapter 13

Third person

A day or two later

Boscha groans quietly as she pushes herself up to a sitting position in her sleeping bag. The make-do bed isn't providing the best night's sleep, especially after a few weeks, but no way in hell is she going to complain.

Scrunching her eyes, she lift an arm up to rub her them; or at least she tries.

Still half asleep, she looks at her left arm confused as to why it's not doing as she asks. Like, it is her arm for Titan's sake it should listen to her.

Her eyebrows furrow. Using her right arm, she pokes it, then picks it up by the wrist.

She can't feel it. At all.

Her eyes widen and her expression goes from 'OH SHIT' to 'THIS IS SO COOL LMAO'.

Finding it insanely fascinating for some reason, she pokes at her arm to test if she really can't feel anything. The weirdly excited pinkette then attempts to move her arm at the shoulder. It works. She moves onto the elbow and fingers. Nothing.

-Ayo, check this out flowers – she grins standing up.

"Flowers" looks up from her fanfic, confused. Without moving, she looks at the arm Boscha's pointing at, then back up. Other than the unusually messed up hair and weird look on the girl's face, she doesn't notice anything.

-I can't move my arm – she explains, still smiling – it feels so weird!

Willow immediately tenses, clearly concerned.

-...What?? – she speedily gets up from bed to gently lift up Boscha's arm and inspect it.

Boshca freezes, suddenly really flustered. Then her heart feels like it warmed up. She has a breakthrough because Willow seems to really care about her, which she hadn't expected.

She'd never expect someone like Willow to ever worry about her.

-n, no I'm ok! Probably just slept in a weird position. Heh – she reassures her, suddenly feeling guilty.

-Can you feel this? – Willow presses her fingers into different parts of Boscha's arm, then strokes it as if worried that it actually hurt her.

It's safe to say that this act fully woke Boscha up, and all of a sudden she appears really upset about the loss of feeling in her arm.

Boscha lowers her gaze to Willow, who looks perturbed as she awaits her answer.

-Really it's fine, I'll probably get my feeling back in a moment – she says slightly panicked and places her hand on Willow's shoulder – I'm sorry for worrying you, I didn't mean to – she calms her voice a bit.

They look into each other's eyes; Boscha trying desperately to calm the other down with the most reassuring look she can muster.

Willow's mouth opens slightly, subconsciously. She continues to stare into her past-bully's eyes, trying to figure out if she really is fine or if she's just faking. And so they stand like that, Boscha's arm on her shoulder and her grip still tight on Boscha's hand.

Boscha, not daring to break eye contact or even say anything, moves her hand up Willow's shoulder to her neck and begins to gently rub her nape.

Willow's mind has a blank at the unfamiliar yet nice feeling, meanwhile Boscha's silently praying that whatever she's doing feels nice and is calming Flowers down.

This continues for a long yet very short moment, with no way to tell how much time actually passed.

Eventually Willow takes a step back and looks away, releasing her grip with a sigh.

-You fool. You should've told me the sleeping bag is too hard.

-... am I seeing things or does the infamously stoic Willow Park seem to care about me? – Boscha remarks, feeling a sudden change of character.

Willow looks back up and smirks.

-...why of course, Princess – she tilts her head, her voice a lot more calm and controlled.

That wasn't the answer Boscha expected, leaving her a blushing mess once again as Willow smugly continues on with a short morning routine.

______________

Willow walks contently to her next class, Botany, replaying the events of this morning in her head. She notices the human taking some things out of her locker and waving her over, so she makes her way in that direction.

-Hey shorty! What's new?

-Nothing much. Found that website you wanted.

-Send me the link?

-Bet

Willow glanced down at Luz's sleeves since the new splatters of blood on them caught her attention. She pursed her lips, having a good idea on what this could be about but knowing not to ask directly.

-Are you ever going to change that jacket? Or beanie? Allow me to ask, how many times have they been washed in the past month?

-Shut up, they're clean – she looks to her sleeves, then to Willow who has an amused look on her face but she pretends not to notice. – whatever, now allow me to ask you if you're ever going to come to school not high?? – she squints her eyes at Willow.

-UH, I'M ACTUALLY NOT, TODAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH-

Luz lifts an eyebrow

– then why are you acting all... happy.

- Wow, thanks-

Luz squints her eyes again, still not believing Willow's claim.

-Whatever, you tall person. At least my grades aren't crippling.

-I have more important things to worry about!

-Such as??

-Uhhh... MY GIRLFRIEND! Unlike your single ass. – she says with a playful expression.

Willow opens her mouth to retort but nothing comes out.

As if on cue, Amity walked up behind Luz, who, after a moment, turned around and kissed her.

-You guys disgust me – the witch turns to lean on the lockers

-Hey Willow. I've missed you too – Amity greets her.

Willow chuckles.

-What's your next class?

-Abominations – Luz answered, looking irritated – that Mr, what's his face, changed the seating plan and now I have to sit next to Boscha – her shoulders tense and she grips her bat so tightly Willow thought it might break.

-How about you save the bat for baseball? Or whatever it is you go murdering after school – Willow mumbles the last part.

-If that emotionless, self-centred bitch as much as looks at me I won't hesitate to-

-you don't know her – Willow interrupted in a menacing voice, almost a whisper, but was still heard clearly. She just accidentally said her thought out loud.

When looking up, both Luz and Amity are giving her a weird, confused look. She immediately changes the way she speaks.

-You shouldn't judge someone before you get to know them – she states in a careless yet deadly serious way. This is something she used to say often, so she hopes it wouldn't raise suspicion.

Luz was still baffled at Willow defending that reprehensible dipshit, but it does kind of sound like something she'd say for some reason.

-Ye ye whatever shorty – she says playfully, putting the previous topic behind them.

Willow released a breath she was holding.

______________________

Well, that's that for now. Let me know your thoughts! They're all appreciated.

See you again soon and have a great day or night!