Jingle Bells

Merry Christmas Lovelies, the Almighty loves us all and showering his blessings on us all throughout.

As the figure approached him, sniffing hard all he could think was 'What the fuck is wrong with her?'

"All I have asked is your name, girl. Why are you bawling out as if I have asked for a share in your property," Rahul yelled frustrated.

Biting her lips, she sniffed hard as tears rolled out of her eyes without a break.

"Goddd... enough of your weeping Madam, go to your class" Rahul joined his hands putting a Namaste.

Nodding her head like an obedient school kid, she slowly stepped back and walked towards her classroom.

"Such an item yaar, she cried for saying name. How the hell is she even going to survive in this world?" Rahul looked at his batch mates.

"She's faking it, just to escape seniors" one from his gang pitched.

"Leave her yaar, we have lots of fish in the sea" Rahul took a drag of his Cigarette.

"Eyy blue top, come here" Rahul called the juniors.

~~~~~~~~

After scoring a goal, Rahul panted hard and walked back to the bench, wiping sweat from his forehead he lit his Cigarette.

"Excuse me" Rahul looked up looking at the timid girl standing opposite to him.

"Ohh so you are not mute" Rahul laughed satirically as none in the college heard her open her mouth in the three months if not for emergency.

"Sir, the leaves of the tree are withering"

"What am I supposed to do about that?" Rahul quizzed puzzled.

"It's all due to the smoke, why don't you smoke somewhere else? Your smoke is decreasing the tree's ability to photosynthesis, you are leading this tree to slow death," she muttered.

Rahul was baffled hearing the girl whom the whole college considers meek order him to quit smoking.

"Who the hell do you think you are to ask me quit smoking?" Rahul got up from the bench agitated.

"When did I even say that? All I asked was you to maintain safe distance from the poor tree," she meekly pointed at the tree.

When realization hit Rahul that she is speaking about the tree and not him, he felt like a fool.

"Why the hell are you so concerned over the tree?" Rahul asked stomping his feet on the ground.

"I can feel it's suffering. Trees help us live, if we deteriorate their living; soo earth will turn a graveyard" with that she turned back and started walking.

"Girl.. stop" Rahul called out trying to stop her, but she kept walking.

Quickly inhaling one more drag, Rahul followed her.

"Smoking is not just bad for trees; it's even bad for humans. You could have warned me about my health. Looks like you are more concerned over the environment," Rahul added satirically.

"One who knows he is wrong and still continues to do that, even God won't be able to change them" and her words hit him like a slap he gets from his father.