I waited, you came | MarkHyuck

Details:
markhyuck
6.7k words
light angst,
fluff, hurt/comfort
rating: general

ㅡ cross posted on ao3 ㅡ

Summary:

If a few hours back someone told Mark that he'd be a taken man on Christmas day, then he'd have thought Jeno paid them to say so just to crack a smile from him. But now, having his love interest, now boyfriend, sleeping peacefully in his hold, he knows miracles are just there to unravel at the right moment. It just so happened that for him, it is on Christmas - the best so far.

____________ ❄ ____________

24th December, Christmas Eve, the day most spend in the embrace of their loved ones back at home, on a trip or in the joyous laughter a family reunion can bring, readying themselves for the festive day ahead, Christmas. Obviously, not everything in the world is all pretty and lights; Mark can still see people running around the streets of Seoul, hoping hard a last minute gift shop is open for whatever present they forgot to buy.

Poor souls, he thinks as he snuggles his face in his thick scarf and starts walking.

Mark himself just finished talking over at a meeting and is now heading back to where he parked his car, after a little stop at a café nearby from where he bought tea for himself and warm coffee for his secretary. Now, one might wonder why is he the one buying drinks when it should be his secretary's job. Mark, for one, doesn't know himself. Only thing he does know is that Donghyuck has been working hard all year and the least he can do is buy him coffee with his own hands before driving him off to his house for the two week holiday he oh so deserves.

Busy in his thoughts, Mark fails to notice the stranger sprinting towards him. Another step and his tea leaves his hand to meet the floor, he himself receiving a harsh nudge at the shoulder. His own groan mixes with a louder one coming from the ground. That's when he realises that his precious tea isn't the only one that took a fall.

Looking down, Mark's face morphs into one of concern when he sees a youngster, deduced on looks only, lying on the pavement and holding his knee in pain, hands flushed red from the winter air. Right next to said hands lays his empty plastic cup. And that's when he is so grateful that he chose to go with a cold drink despite the biting weather; the hot one is held securely in his right hand, still above his head as an impulsive reflex to the collision.

Chatter fills his ear and that's when Mark comes back from his thoughts. Bringing the cup down from above, he hopes hard that he didn't just look like a fool and that only a few seconds passed of him being in such position. When another groan fills his ears, all thoughts about himself are forgotten as he quickly goes and checks up on the other.

When Mark tries to reach for the other's arm with his free hand, he will admit he's surprised when it is harshly slapped away.

"Fuck you!" The other, Mark recognises as a male thanks to his physique and voice, says with so much spite. And before he can do anything else, he's the only one kneeling down with the other already up on his feet.

In this position, he can clearly see the way the male's jeans ripped at the knee section and how, although slowly, it started to get damp with blood. Grimacing at the scene, he too quickly gets up on his feet and is about to offer his hand in help when a loud yell stops everyone in their tracks. It's a female's.

"Jisung!" She calls again, once squeezed through the crowd that formed around them, breath lost. "Please listen."

"I've listened to enough." The guy- Jisung's, voice comes out rough and scratchy. Mark notices the tear streaked cheeks before they are hidden again under a black hood and cap which are pulled low.