一 ⁞ 𝙍𝙚𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝

Rebirth

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪs ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɪs ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ."
— ᴍᴀᴇ ᴡᴇsᴛ

I hate this world

 you thought and sighed, flipping the pages of your note book with your gloved fingers to avoid finger prints, walking down the hallway with your mask which covered half of your face. 

Hm? is that Light?

you thought and approached him. 

'he is being cautious but why?' 

you mentally asked yourself seeing his actions and pressed the small button on the gem of your choker.

it wasn't just a normal choker, it had a secret  camera and mic. of course you need to be careful all the time.

"Light?" you called out. He seemed startled and jumped hiding something which seemed like a book behind his back

 'a black notebook' 

you noticed and thought. "ah Rika . . ." he said smiling nervously and blushed. You quickly saw his actions but choose not to question it.

"Did you pick up something? what is it?" you asked him straight forward. 

'shit i forgot she doesn't hesitate to tell what's on her mind' 

Light thought. "ah nothing . . . just someone dropped their note book" he replied calmly.

"Oh. here give it to me, I'll hand it to the office" you extended your arm. "No! no! no problem I'll do it" he declined and chuckled. What he didn't know that you can see through his action. "ah okay then bye light, you are acting suspicious" you waved off still recalling the incidents and whispered the last part.

"bye Rika" light said. 

you and light had always, love and hate relationship. you guys were always competing whether it's academics, sports or technology. though light seemed to have a crush on you, you acted like you didn't notice and ignored it.

people always asked you why you wear mask and gloves. you just told them that you hate germs but the real reason is that you are just being cautious, of course being a student detective, you need to lie about your name to everyone.