14.

"All right then! I'll get your key right now." Xiao Ying moved along quickly and stealthily into the backroom. "Just wait a sec!"

"Of course," Hua Cheng responded, without changing face.

As he waited for Xiao Ying, Hua Cheng looked at the glass display case with trophies and medals won by ballerinas who'd learned ballet in this studio. It also had metal name plates with the person who had won that award.

He stared in awe for awhile then whispered, "mine aren't here, I must've really hit the restart button." He chuckled softly at the thought but immediately made a straight face when he heard footsteps behind him.

He slowly turned around with closed eyes and put on a polite act, "Xiao Ying? Have you got the keys already?"

When he opened his eyes, what greeted him was not Xiao Ying, but a child.

He was holding something in his hand, holding it very aggressively, seeming to never want to let go.

"A child?" Hua Cheng was dumbfounded, "What is a child doing here and up so late at night?" He was not concerned whatsoever, but he needed to earn Xiao Ying's trust as he will be seeing her a lot for 'Mr. Xiu's' lessons. So he needed to act youthful and kind.

What was in his mind was not the child, Xiao Ying, or his friends. But rather Mr. Xiu.

The child only looked up to stare at him with an indifferent expression. He had bandages all over his face and had on black shorts with a baggy, oversized shirt.

"Gege," the child called out.

Hua Cheng was slightly shook from this sudden speech but played it off and hm'd at the kid in front of him.

After a whole minute of silence, footsteps came from the backroom, it was Ms. Xiao Ying.

"I got the keys! It's really late out, you can just give me what you need to put in the locker and ill place it in there, you should get some rest."

The child had stopped talking making Hu Cheng think, why did he so suddenly call out to me? He looked like he had something to say.

She looked down to see the child who was still staring at Hua Cheng, "Aiye, Lang Ying what are you doing up so late? Go, go sleep!"

Lang Ying.. oh, that kid.

Memories came surging through Hua Cheng's mind.

A man in a white jacket playing with a child outside in the snow. And Hua Cheng was leaning against a doorframe of a cabin. The man in white handed the child a small item.

Suddenly, Hua Cheng's mind internally zoomed in on the object given by the man in white.

It was a green marble with white accents.

Hua Cheng frowned at the tear-jerking memory.

I see. So thats what was in his hand. Mr. Xiu, you're so thoughtful.

The once frown became a slight smirk. Only from the thought of him.

Once his head was out of the clouds, he unzipped his fanny pack and started walking towards Ms. Xiao Ying.

What he pulled out, was a male ballerina dance costume.

(A/N: Think of it as something like this.)

"Wahh! Your costume is lovely, I'll make sure to treat it with my utmost care," Xiao Ying exclaimed

They bid goodnight and goodbye to one another and Hua Cheng left to his car. Whilst turning on his engine, it started raining.

Hua Cheng felt calm as the sound of rain hit the window.

pitter patter.

It sounded like someone throwing small rocks on his car window.

Hua Cheng sat there for a little, not doing anything. Until he realized he was getting a little sleepy, it is super late out.

So, with that he got ready to drive home.

Xie Lian POV:

It was 4am and Xie Lian was already long asleep.

Though, a vibration followed by a shine of a bright light that lit the whole room had come suddenly from his nightstand.

Xie Lian wasn't in a deep sleep, so he awoke from this.

As he sat up weakly, he wiped his eyes and mumbled, "hm? A message this late at night?"

He looked at who sent the message and jerked up.

Ms Xiao

Hey Mr. Xiu! I'm well aware you might be in asleep by now considering how late it is, but when you do wake I wanted to let you know you have an appointment tomorrow. Your client goes by the name San Lang.

He is 24 years old, only a year younger than you. His ballet costume is also here in one of the lockers, it's quite beautiful must I say! Seems he's going to perform or something of the sort, with this costume. But anyway, thats all, have a good sleep Mr. Xiu!(*'∀`)

Hi Ms. Xiao, fortunately I am awake and this is of such short notice so it is nice to know beforehand. Thank you for informing me. Have a goodnight  (。'▽'。)♡

——————————

Xie Lian was completely in shock.

San Lang???

————————————————————-
(A/N): okay okay listen i know i said this would be a longer chapter but I was already late to the release so it was kinda rush towards the end 😭. Also, its gonna start getting a bit more interesting from here on out so I might shorten the authors notes or not even add them at all just to keep the pace of the events and keep it suspenseful. So this might be one of the last long authors notes, ill miss these 😔.

Also i just finished 2ha book 1 and i am not okay. So if I write alot of angst, i am so sorry 😭.

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!! Wherever you are! I hope you have an amazing 2022 <333

Do you like the rain?

971 words