15. He is back for worse

Straightening my suit, I walk into the dining area where Luca's father and my dad are talking.

"Hello, dear cousin." Luca gives me an evil smirk and my blood boils to the point where I want to strangle him to death.

"Hello, Uncle Robbin." I greet Luca's father with a fake smile. Uncle is just another version of my father. And why not? They are twins after all. Luca's mother died when he was months old or should I say, was killed by her husband just because he was tired of her.

His whole family is twisted, more than my own. Luca was born in the same year as I and Andrew but he has the upper hand in my family. My father loves Luca, why? because he is ruthless just like him.

"Oh, Hello Blake! Heard you got a girl for yourself?" He asks, more like confirming though. I look at Luca, who's grinning at me. I shot him a death glare before turning back to uncle, "Oh yes uncle, sure I've got a girl for ONLY MYSELF." I glance at Luca while straining the word 'only myself' and he raises a brow.

Uncle looks a bit confused but then everybody's attention turns towards my dad as he clears his throat.

"Have a seat Blake. I've some important information to share." He tells me and I take a seat beside Andrew.

"I've got the news that there's another guy in intelligence who's been assigned against us." My dad informs and everyone glances at each other for a second when Luca speaks up, "What's there to talk about this, uncle? Let's go and finish him, that's what we do when it comes to people in intelligence."

"No, this guy hasn't got much information on us yet. He's just been assigned and killing him now would only raise more suspicions." My father answers, glimpsing over me. He sends me a glare since I look a bit off-topic because I'm never interested in them.

"Let's wait for some time. Luca, you keep a track of what that man's been up to. And Andrew, pack your bags, we are leaving today for an important meeting."

"Today, why haven't I heard about this important meeting?" Asks Andrew in clear disbelief.

"Because you were busy looking out for your good for nothing brother." My dad looks at me and I roll my eyes in my thoughts. Can't do it in front of dad, can I?

"Rest of the talk will be in the study-" Father stops because of some damn phone ringing. Everyone looks for the source of the sound, and then Luca mouths uncle and dad sorry before leaving the room claiming that the call is an important one.

"Robbin and all the boys follow me to the study room." Father gets up and we all follow him. We pass through a bunch of corridors as the study room is a bit far from the main living area and it's also made soundproof. No voice from outside nor inside can enter or leave the room.

"You locked your room or not?" Andrew asks, concerned. And I realized, Luca didn't come with us.

"Yes, I did but I'll check on her, wait," I tell him and as I'm about to make an excuse to my dad, Andrew stops me.

"If you've locked then don't worry, there's no way he would know the passcode." Andrew tries to assure me but I feel anxious.

We all go into the study and dad keeps talking about all sorts of illegal meetings, from smuggling weapons to drug dealing, his information never ends. Uncle leaves in the middle of the conversation because of his scheduled important meeting.

"Blake, you will be here to take care of hospital business." Dad orders, and I nod. We have chains of hospitals and universities and Cottonwood is one of them. We do illegal business in the shadow of a legal one. All the illegal money received, comes in the form of funding.

"Did you punish that-" He gets silent as soon as we hear the scream. Her screams.

Melissa's POV:

My life feels like maths. The only difference is that I have problems but no solutions. But I'll find one soon. No matter how complicated it gets, I'll have to solve it. Since the garden incident, I've been getting nightmares. I haven't slept properly even if my eyes begged to sleep, I deprived them of the same. I'm scared to sleep and see those horrible nightmares. The virtual world where I keep getting harassed for like a thousand times and the worst part is that every time it feels so real.

Blake hasn't been much of a nuisance since that day. Throughout the day, I stayed alone. I got food on time and some new books to read, coz I finished all the others he gave me. The only time I had company was the night. He kept himself glued to me. And every time, I woke up in terror, he hushed me down and tried to bring me back to sleep. I must say that he also hasn't slept for the past four days. Whatever it is, nothing he does for me makes my heart flutter. Only if he let me go then probably there's some 0.001% chance.

"We have some unfinished business, don't we?"

A familiar voice, the voice which gave me nightmares, fills in my ears. My body tenses as I turn around to see him standing in the room. He shuts the door carefully and silently. The clicking of the lock makes my breath hitch. I look at him in utter despair. His monstrous grin gives me chills.

My voice feels lost and my courage slowly dissolves as I mumble in utter fear and shock, "Luca."

************************************

A/N:
Short chapter this time.
This is gonna continue with a longer chapter, just so you know ;)

What do you think is gonna happen next?
I'm so excited for the next chapter.
Mature and a thrilling chapter ahead!

Do Vote, Comment & Share
if you like my work!

THANK YOU!