Wolfsong

My Bad Boy Alpha Male : Chapter Ten : Wolfsong

...

A/ N

Oh my god guys, love the awesome response to the last chapter, how did you like it? More things to come, thanks for voting, reading, and fanning! Might see meet some people in this chapter! Like I asked in the last chapter, how do you feel about me writing a story on a Dragon-shifter finding it's mate?? Check out Feral Innocence it's on my profile lol . Please let me know ;) Take care and happy reading! P.S. Feedback generally helps me write faster. -MGL xx

...

Recap: If the rest were just as depressing as this one, we'll I'd better buckle up and hold on for the bumpy road ahead.

I looked at the shining bright moon, full of questions.

' What do you have planned for me?'

I could have sworn the moon winked back at me.

...

After that depressing departure, Cole had explained to me that the man who had run off previously had been in fact his uncle, James MacRyrie, from his dad's side. Assuming by his state of emotion, he was probably going insane from the death of his mate and child. Sad thing was, I learned that his little girl Belinda had only been around six months old.

He probably didn't have much longer until he passed onto the Spirit World with them. The thing was wolves tended to mate for life, meaning we tended to take one mate until death. It was rare for anyone to get a second mate, just as it was rare that twins got one particular mate that they didn't share.

Not only us but others mated for life too, like WyrDragons, lions, cougars, pumas, jaguars, and etc. Pretty much everything except coyotes and the Fae. We don't know much about the Fae since they all live in Faerie and they keep to themselves, after running from the humans that basically took over this world.

Coyotes here are thought to be at the bottom of the food chain because nobody knows much about them either, they're very isolated from the rest of us, but whenever we do happen to meet, it gets ugly. The last time we crossed their paths the Veiled War happened that lasted literally for a century.

Ungluing my eyes from the spot where James had disappeared to, I moved my eyes to where someone else had taken his place.

~*~

"You hungry?" Cole asked me as he dug out some corn chips from his pocket.

"Sure," I replied, taking some corn chips into my hand and slowly eating them.

I chewed slowly because I could hear the loud crunching sounds my mouth made as I did so. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Cole watching me.

I could feel the blood rushing into my cheeks. "What?"

Cole smirked and looked at me with those vibrant blue eyes of his. "Nothing."

Warily, I turned my head from his gaze and absently scratched at my face when I felt something nuzzle my neck.

I instantly jumped at the contact and bared my neck as a sign of submission.

The weight that had been on my shoulder instantly disappeared.

I spent about a minute baring my neck when I realized no one was going to jump me, like he usually did.

Cole stared at me in a confused manner. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," I replied, "Nothing."

What can I say? Old habits die hard.