Excerpt for the upcoming chapter ! :)

Excerpt:

Moments later, I was suddenly alone in Cole's humongous office. I sprung up from the chair and took a look around the cream colored room that held a polished, rich dark mahogany desk, [A/N : That is mahogany! lol sorry couldn't help to put that quote in from the Hunger Games c; ] a bookshelf so big that it almost touched the ceiling and a fireplace with matching love seats and a couch. 

I traipsed over to his desk, suddenly curious. There were tons of pictures ranging from childhood to adulthood. She was scanning one of his adorable pictures from where he seemed more younger when another photograph caught her eye. It was a picture of Kyle's mate, Piper. What was she doing here? I thought angrily, feeling deathly jealous.

Wait, wait, wait, Selene. Cool your jets, Selene. He doesn't even really belong to me, I'm only here temporarily. My inner she-wolf snorted at the comment like she found it hilarious. I decided to ignore that for the moment. 

Just as I was about to see red since I saw a picture of Piper kissing Cole's cheek affectionately, the office phone on his desk blared to life.

I jumped for what felt to be about a half a mile into the ceiling, when I reflexively sheathed my wolf claws and hung on to the ceiling. 

Whoops. I then let go and fell onto the ground on my feet and cringing when I saw my markings on the top of the ceiling. 'Dang it,' I thought, I'll make sure to fix it later.

I walked over to the desk and leaned on it to regain some equilibrium. Should I answer the phone?

That question was answered for me when I accidentally leaned over and pressed the talk button and turned to speaker.

"Hello?" I asked, taking the desk phone off speaker and perching it on to my ear.

"Selene, what a lovely pleasure to hear your voice again. You do know  someone dearly misses you don't you think?" An unknown voice, laced with a slightly mocking tone.

"What do you want? And how do you know me?" I asked, my voice at the same time defiant and shaking a little because I knew who he was instantly talking about.

A mirthful but cold chuckle rang across the phone, creating goosebumps at the back of my neck.

"Hmm. You seem very spirited and passionate. You arouse me.  When they told me to get you they never said I couldn't play with you first." the mysterious voice continued, laughing like he knew an inside joke.

"What? What do you--? What do you mean?" I stammered, shocked.

"Perhaps I'll see you soon, pup." I could sense the smugness in his tone before I heard the dial tone, which didn't help at all with my growing sense of dread for the future.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment please and thank you :) I'll explain some things in the next chapter, though. ~MGL xx