Chapter 7

Casper looks around begins to speak again. "Each of you will be split up into factions and have a team. Your team is dictated on four factors. Number one, how well you each score on the placement test. Number two, how well each of you place physical and mentally. Number three, your personality and attitudes and lastly, how well you fight our team." Everyone began muttering. It was visible people definitely thought they could either beat them or see wide spread panic. There was no in between.

Hold. The . Fuck. UP. I have to fight Casper and his crew. Haha no, that not what I signed up for. Casper could snap me in half like a twig and the rest of them would use my bones as tooth picks. Well except for maybe Jersey, he might lightly punch me in the face. But still I can imagine that it will hurt.

"Let's be a team." X whispered loudly while nudging me.

"Don't they have to decide?" I whispered back.

"Yes and No." X giggled and looked back up at Casper.

Casper continued on." If we see that you are not fit for a field team. You will be eliminated." The soft murmurs and mumbles going on before stopped completely. The world went totally silent. Eliminated? If we don't fit they're going to kill us? That totally unfair, they give us all unfair options just to go and do this shit. What the actual fuck? This was never part of the deal. I would've never signed up for this, had I known.

"I am kidding. You my friends are so dramatic." Casper, that was in fact not a funny joke.

"If you are not fit for a field team, you will be introduced to our scout teams. Your jobs will become more important. You will research and go undercover  in order to bring us our new targets." Casper looked over his shoulder behind him and the turned back to the audience. "Now, I am going to pass the mic off to our founder. The Reaper."

Casper stepped aside and I was taken a back. This woman that I had been imagining, was nothing like what I thought. I was expecting to see strong and terrifying women like Jigsaw and Ace. But she was quite small no taller than 5'4". She had more slender build and her wrist were tiny, she looked so fragile. She had honey colored beige skin and her long brown hair that was made from multiple braids. Her eyes were more soft brown and it appeared that she had a scar similar to X, but it was hard to tell because she had a big black mask covering from her eyes down. She was wearing that same tactical fashion as Scar. She was so mysterious and fragile.

"Hello everyone. I am Reaper. Although, I will not directly work with some of you, I find it fit to know all of you." Her voice was so soothing and soft. Why is everyone so afraid of this girl? I know she's a year or two younger than me, so that means she either 19 or 20. She doesn't look like much of a challenge. 

"I will be meeting all of you individually during your placement test over the next week. I look forward to meeting all of you." She took a deep breathe. "Now for some house keeping things. All life forms in the underground are equal. Inappropriate behaviors, such as sexism, misogynistic motives or harassment, by any kind, from all genders is not tolerated and will come to immediate execution by me. I don't care what religion, creed or background you may come from, you treat people with respect and what they do with their own life or body is none of your concern.."

I thought this girl was fragile but hearing this and how she has no problem just killing us. Gives me reason to believe I might be wrong.

"I live a no bullshit policy life. Unless if something is a direct threat to you. I really do not care. Treat people with the utmost respect down here no matter what. Assuming Casper briefed how things are run down here. Each of you will start off with a salary of 85 thousand and it will go up from there. You can also go down, depending on your performance and citations." That is a lot of money. I really need that too.

"Citations come from missions and if you had unsafe practices. Each mission is ran under specific instructions and rules, this ensure the safety of you and your team. There has only been one instance where someone has died on a mission here, it was a rookie who thought they could run a mission by themselves and were kidnapped. Then murdered. If the name Michael Achenbacen run familiar. He was one of us."

Holy shit, right before I went to prison that story came out. The guy was torture and murdered by a serial killer in out area who was kidnapping kids. The guy was never found though and I think I know why now.

" I run a tight ship. Do not underestimate me." She walked away from podium and everyone was stunned. How did this girl start running this entire facility by herself? Who is she really? Why is she so trigger happy? Why does she wear a mask? The more I wondered the more questions I had.

"Okay Mates, that concludes this session. On your way out you'll receive your first years worth pay check. To ensure you can tie up any loose end debts and give you and your family better lives all around. If you have a family as you leave the agency, please meet with Susan at the front desk to make accommodations for your families  protection. If your recruiter is on the stage, please come to the stage after everyone is dismissed. We give you all the best of luck and it will be an honor working with you all. You are dismissed" Casper gave everyone a warm smile and looked down at me.

"Looks like we will be talking to Reaper today." X said quietly and began walking to the stairs of the stage.

"Don't mind if I do." I followed behind her. However I have no idea what is going happen next and that scares me .

REAPERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें