Missing

Earlier Today...

Kate:"Kiara!! Daniel is here again!"

I rolled my eyes towards my bedroom door then pulled on my leather jacket before heading down the hall, once I saw Daniel standing in the doorway of the front door I immediately crossed my arms.

Me:"Did you not get the hint Daniel? I've told you numerous of times to leave me the fuck alone!"
Daniel:"Yea I hear that all the time, but I've apologized a million times already!"
Me:"Your apologies don't mean shit to me Daniel. Maybe if you think with that head on your shoulders instead of the tiny one between your legs maybe you would have a decent relationship with someone. Now get away from my house, if you ever take one damn step on my property again I will call the sheriff!"

Daniel glared at me for a moment then backed up before walking away. I moved Kate out of the way to slam the door shut,

Me:"If you see him around the house call sheriff Smith."
Kate:"Are you going somewhere?"
Me:"Mainly for a long walk, I'll be back. Oh while I'm out, would you like for me to bring back one of your favorite coffees?"
Kate:"Oh please!"

A smile tugged at my lips so I nodded,

Me:"Be back in an hour."
Kate:"Be careful."

Three hours later...

Kate's P.O.V

I kept glancing at the clock, it's now almost 2 in the afternoon and Kiara hasn't walked through the door. She did say an hour but three? That's not Kiara, if she is late it's no more then a half hour, something isn't right. I groaned as I jumped up to my feet grabbing my keys off the table then rushed out the front door to my car, once I got it started I rushed straight to the precinct.

I parked a few spaces away from sheriff Smith's patrol car then got out rushing inside to bump into sheriff Smith, I glanced down seeing I had caused him to spill his cup of coffee down the front of his shirt,

Sheriff Smith:"Fucking great...Kate why are you in a damn rush? You know not to rush in here unless it's an emergency!"
Me:"But sheriff, it is an emergency!!"

Smith sighed then raised his eyebrow,

Sheriff Smith:"Okay? What's the emergency?"
Me:"It's Kiara-"
Sheriff Smith:"Not another word. Follow me."

I gave sheriff Smith a weird look, he softened his reaction before pushing me towards his office, after I walked into his office he went to close the door but stopped to look behind him,

Sheriff Smith:"Do not disturb me unless someone is dying or in serious danger."
Janet:"Yes sheriff."

The door closed and I sat down in the chair that sat in front of the sheriff's desk. A second later Smith sat down folding his hands on his desk as he looked at me.

Sheriff Smith:"Now what about Kiara?"

I sighed and sat up straight as I looked Smith in his eyes,

Me:"I think something bad has happened to her sheriff.."
Sheriff Smith:"Bad? What do you mean by that?"
Me:"Well Daniel showed up at the house to-"
Sheriff Smith:"I told her to call me if he shows up!"
Me:"Yes I know that, but Kiara handled it. He did leave, Kiara said she was going to take a long walk and was supposed to bring me back a coffee.."
Sheriff Smith:"And the last time you spoke to her was?"
Me:"Before she left the house which was three hours ago."

Sheriff Smith chuckled then leaned back in his chair,

Sheriff Smith:"Kate, don't you think your overreacting a bit? She would have to be gone for 24 hours in order for me to do something. I see it this way Kate, Kiara is still out on her walk and lost track of time, she'll be home so don't worry."
Me:"No! Sheriff your wrong, we both know Kiara isn't like that at all. If she was still walking she would have called me and told me. She hasn't called at all, I've tried calling her but it keeps going to voicemail and I can't shake the feeling that something has happened to her!"
Sheriff Smith:"Your right."-he sighed-