Paperwork

Kiara's P.O.V

I sat at the kitchen table staring down at my cup of coffee, Kate casually strolled into the kitchen.

Kate:"Everything okay?"
Me:"No Kate.. but I'll be fine. Look, I have to go see sheriff Smith so I'll be back in a few hours."
Kate:"Nope. I'm coming with you."
Me:"Gee Kate, what are you going to be able to do if something else happens? You'd be in the same situation I was last night.."
Kate:"Don't care, your not leaving by yourself."
Me:"Fine, we need to leave now."
Kate:"Bring your coffee."

I slightly smiled as I stood up,

Me:"Nah, I'll grab a cup of coffee at the precinct."

Kate chuckled and turned to head for the front door so I followed behind her. I locked the front door as Kate spoke up,

Kate:"You driving or am I?"
Me:"Doesn't matter."
Kate:"Fuck, you'll have to since my car is still at the precinct I just remembered that."

I laughed and shrugged as Kate followed me over to my car. We got in and I started the car pulling out of the driveway heading towards the precinct.

Kate:"Can I ask something without you getting defensive?"
Me:"Well since you put it that way, it depends on what you feel like asking."

Kate sighed then looked towards me as I made a right turn.

Kate:"How do you feel about the sheriff?"
Me:"Um? What do you mean Kate?"
Kate:"Yesterday when I went to him about you since you never came back, he literally made me wait to talk about it til we was in his office. I think he has a thing for you.."

I glanced at Kate then back at the road as I laughed,

Me:"Wait what?"
Kate:"I'm serious Kiara, I honestly believe he has a thing thing you especially when I told him how Daniel was at the house yesterday morning."
Me:"You told him! Kate, he didn't have to know about that."
Kate:"I'm sorry, I was worried he did something to you. You didn't see the odd glint in his eye before he left."
Me:"Odd glint? That's normal Kate, he's always been that way. Daniel is an odd guy but a major cheater."
Kate:"I could have told you that."
Me:"Why didn't you? You know you can tell me anything Kate."
Kate:"Yes I know, but who wants to hear about their boyfriend from someone else?"
Me:"Correction ma'am, not from someone but from my sister. I wouldn't have been mad I would have just questioned why you felt that way about him but enough about that douchèbag."

I parked next to Kate's car in the parking lot of the precinct, we both got out and walked inside the building.

Kate:"I'll wait out here."
Me:"Shouldn't take long."
Kate:"Tell Smith I'm sorry for yesterday, he'll know what you mean by that."

I raised my eyebrow but Kate walked away sitting in one of the waiting chairs, I looked at Janet who was smiling away,

Janet:"I'm glad your safe kiddo, Sheriff is in his office so go on."

I chuckled and patted her shoulder as I walked towards Smith's office. I lightly knocked on the door as I peeked through the cracked door to see him sitting at his desk looking over papers,

Sheriff Smith:"Come in!"

I slowly pushed the door open before walking in. Smith looked up and a huge smile formed on his face,

Sheriff Smith:"Oh Kiara! Have a seat doll."
Me:"Leave the door open or close it?"
Sheriff Smith:"Close it."

I nodded then walked inside his office closing the door behind me. I walked over to the chair that sat in front of his desk then sat down in it.