Back at Square One..

Kiara's P.O.V

I was leaned up against the table in the basement going over what John and I had figured out last night after Kate and Jake had passed out.

Sheriff Smith:"I think flannel looks at lot better on you."

I softly smiled and looked towards the basement steps to see John holding two cups of coffee, he held the cup in his left hand up with a smile.

Sheriff Smith:"Care for some coffee doll?"
Me:"I would love some thank you."

John strolled towards me as he took a drink from his cup, he extended his arm out for me so I took the cup from his hand then he leaned up against the next beside me,

Sheriff Smith:"I noticed Kate and Jake snuggled up to each other."
Me:"Their more then likely dating, at least she has someone to make her happy."
Sheriff Smith:"Everyone needs that special person in their life."
Me:"Yes they do."

John wrapped his arm around my shoulders,

Sheriff Smith:"Finally found mine."
Me:"Same here hun."
Sheriff Smith:"Sorry the date has to be rescheduled.."
Me:"No need to apologize, in order to have our date we need to keep each other alive."
Sheriff Smith:"That we do but just so you know I was really looking forward to the date."
Me:"Your not the only one. Come on let's go wake the sleeping kids."

John barked a laugh then led the way upstairs. I raised my eyebrow thinking of a way to wake them up so I looked towards John motioning him to be quiet as I walked into the kitchen filling a glass full of water, I went back into the living room hovering over Kate and Jake who both passed out on the living room floor. I held the glass over their heads then dumped the water onto them watching both jump up to their feet freaking out, all I did was stand there and laugh.

Kate:"Really Kiara?!"
Me:"No time to sleep in."
Jake:"What time is it?"
Sheriff Smith:"Quarter to 1 son."
Jake:"What!! I never sleep that late, shit okay do what else has been discovered?"
Me:"Well we found out how all of this started."
Kate:"How??"
Me:"Well just get your usual morning business done and meet us downstairs."
Jake:"No longer then ten minutes."
Me:"Longer then ten I'll come drag you two down those stairs."
Kate:"No! Ten minutes no longer."

I chuckled and had John follow me back downstairs in the basement. I sat my coffee cup on the table as John smoothly placed his hand on my lower back.

Sheriff Smith:"You'll have to tell Kate about us."
Me:"We will I promise."
Sheriff Smith:"Pinky promise?"

Is he serious? I looked towards John seeing his hand was up and had just his pinky sticking out, yup he's serious. I chuckled and sealed the promise, we heard a aweee come from behind us.

Me:"You know listening to others conversations is highly rude."
Kate:"Sorry! But that was just too cute. What did you guys promise on anyway?"
Me:"Just come join us."

Kate sighed and pulled Jake over to the table, files were scattered across the table.

Kate:"So why is this happening?"
Me:"Well John and I came to a conclusion after the two of you passed out on us. Daniel is still hurt over me leaving him so he set up this whole charade to get even but little did he know is he didn't think I would fight back."
Kate:"Wait so he's putting all of our lives in danger over a damn heartbreak? See I told your ass that the odd glint in his eye that morning gave me a bad feeling!"
Me:"Yea I'm sorry I didn't pay any mind to it.."
Kate:"It's fine, we're still here that's what should matter the most Kiara."
Me:"It does, so speaking of that. I'm sure you probably guessed it already but John and I are dating."
Kate:"Yes! I knew you two would, well Jake and I are dating."
Me:"I already knew that. Figured that out the way you two were acting when you called him to come over yesterday."
Kate:"Oh.."
Me:"Mhmm so Jake, how long have the two of you been together?"
Jake:"Kate?"