Chapter One

Camila's POV

"Mija! It's time to wake up." My mom shook me gently. I groaned and turned my body around. "Today's your first day of new school."

"Mami yo no quiero ir la escuela.." I sat up and sadly looked at my mom. "Oh mija, I know this is hard but new school, new life." My mom kissed my forehead and walked out of my room.

I sighed. My family and I moved Miami from New York for several reasons or one personal reason. I got bullied really bad. For what? Being a lesbian and 'nerdy'. Shocking right? New York was the most friendly gay state, but my pervious school wasn't. I got out of my bed, looking around my new unfinished room. I put my grey Ed Sheeren merch sweater and washed high-waisted jean on then applied a light make up on.

I stared myself in the mirror. "Well here I go." I talked to myself then sighed.

"Baby sister! Come on, we don't want to be late on our first day of school!" My twin brother shouted from the downstair. My brother had no problems with moving. He found out his so called 'friends' bullied me too. I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to lose his friends and become a loser like me. He broke up with his girlfriend which also bullied me. My brother dearly loved me that he choose me over his friends. Everybody in my pervious school bullied me, I had no friends.

I walked down the stair, found Austin smiling at me. "What?" I tried not to be rude. "Nothing, sis. You looks great. Come on, do you want to grab some breakfast McDonald?" I shook my head.

"I'm not hungry." I flatly said. He poked my stomach. "You need more meat." He joked. I gave him a fake smile.

We walked out of the house, it was a little chill outside for Miami, it was mid-November. I heard Austin scoffed. "Mila, the chill weather in Miami?" I shrugged. We got in his car, Dodge Challenger. I had my own car but I didn't use it often since Austin and I went to the same school unless he had stay for practices or whatever.

I put my head against the window, looking outside. "Hey Mila. Please tell me if anyone hurt you." he patted my leg. I nodded.

We parked in the school parking lot. There were students everywhere in the front of school. There were a group of geek, jocks, cheerleaders, and populars. I was feeling nauseous from nervousness. We got inside of school. There were more students inside. "Well Mila, I will go to the office now, want come with me?" I shook my head me, "um I'm going to the bathroom but you can go without me. I will go to collect my supplies later. He was hesitated at first then nodded. "Let me know if you don't feel well." he kissed my forehead, left to on his way to the office. I walked off to find the bathroom. After a long walk, I finally found a bathroom.

I quickly went inside, dropped my books and let my guts out of me. I groaned. Stupid anxiety. I washed my mouth and grabbed a mint TIC TAC to rid the taste of vomit.

I groaned when I heard the bell ring went off. I was already late for my first hour. "what a great way to start my first day.." I muttered to myself. I walked on my way to the main office. I looked down to avoid to making eye contact with anyone in this hallway, clenching my books to my chest. I bumped into someone caused us to dropped our books. I widened my eyes, didn't want the person to shouting at me for bump into them. I gulped and rushed to pick my books up.

"Oops, it was my fault for not pay attention to watch where I was going." I heard a husky yet so smooth voice. I didn't say anything, walked off to the office, ignoring the owner of a husky voice.

"Excuse me, miss. I am here to pick my schedule. Uhm I'm the new student." I asked the lady sitting in the desk.

"Oh are you one of the Cabello?" I slowly nodded. "Oh my dear, here it is. Do you nee-" I interrupted her. "No thanks. I can do this by myself. May I have a late pass?" I didn't want anyone to help me. I only wanted to graduate this school and move on. No friends. Just do my works then leave for home. Period.

**
After searching my first class; English, I finally found my classroom, I slowly walked into the room, making students staring at me.

"Sorry for being late, I'm new here. Er, here..." I gave the teacher a pass I looked down at my schedule, "Mr. Elo."

"Hello, Karla. Take an empty seat next to that young lady. Please raise your hand, Miss. Hansen."

The Polynesian girl raised her hand, her fingers were so long and she definitely looks like she makes sure no one mess around with. I walked over to the empty desk.

"Yo dawg, I'm Dinah." I nodded, not making eye contact, trying to pay attention to a lesson Mr. Elo was giving us.

"Alright Karla." I cringed at my first name. I looked at her, "It's Camila, not Karla. Please stop bugging me."

She shrugged then started to pay attention to Mr. Elo.

**
The bell rang, I rushed out of the classroom but I felt the strong hand grabbed my noodle arm. Please don't be bullies. Don't be bullies. I looked at whoever grabbed my arm, it was Dinah. I sighed. "What do you want?" I asked her in my shakily voice, afraid if she was going to hurt me.

"Whoa, Camila. I'm not going to hurt you. I wanted to be your friend since you're new kid." Dinah took a step back.

"No thanks, I don't want to have friends."

I jumped a little when she put her arm around my shoulders. "Sorry, dawg. You have no choice. I'm going to be your friend." I sighed and pushed her arm off of me.

"Leave me alone.." I walked away to my next class, trying to escaped from Dinah.

I bumped into someone AGAIN. This time, I didn't drop my books. "Sorry." I mumbled and about to walk away.

"Hey, it's you again." I heard a familiar husky voice from earlier. "Oh, I'm not going to bug you anymore. I-I have to go." I quickly walked away.

I sighed then sat in the desk, I got here early. I just wanted this school over.

**

This was probably only my favorite time of school, lunch. I grabbed a slice of pizza. I walked over to the empty table.

I groaned and put my head down on the table as Dinah joined me. "Didn't you listen what I just told you in the morning?"

"Nope." She wasn't going to give up anytime. I glared at her. She returned me a smile. "Youre bugging me."

"I don't care. Oh can I have your pizza?"

"No." I protected my pizza when she reached over to my pizza. "Oh by the way, this table is mine and my friends. I sighed, picking my plate and stood up but in matter of a second, she pulled me back to sit.

"And you're going to nowhere. Oh here's my friends!"

I looked at the direction she was looking at. A oddly familiar short girl, other two girls and three guys.

"Great." I muttered under my breath.

As they got closer, I was shocked when I saw my cousin, Ally.

"Ally!" I gave her a hug. "Camila!"

"I heard you moved here but I didn't know you come this school."

I looked other people, staring at us oddly. "Everybody this is my cousin, Camila. Camila, that's Soipe, Dinah's boyfriend, that's Niall and Jai. That's Jasmine and Lisa."

I nodded. "Where's Austin?" Ally asked I shrugged. We sat down, getting know about them. They weren't bad. Maybe this wasn't bad at all but I was not going to let them break my walls down.
__________________________
(: hope you like it.

Don't forget to vote!

-Camie✌️🐨