𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

╔═══════☆♡☆═══════╗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐀

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Forgive me father for I fear I have sinned" I say in a mocking voice, I was currently sat in a confession, it was a funny idea I came up with last night, and I'd never done it before - I'd never been to a confession.

"And what makes you think you've sinned?" Father Kieran asks, not sensing the satire in it, that's what happens when a human is too gullible and foolish for their own good.

"Only everything I've ever done in life" I think back to previous moments in my life, none of which have been sincere or beneficial for myself.

"Give an example" he urges, I sigh and lean forward in my chair, I can see through the small peep holes of the confession space Father Kieran, he looked interested with not even an ounce of fake interest. It wasn't as if he was being nosy either, just one human trying to be good to another, or so he has assumed.

"My father and I never got along as I grew up. As I got older, I realised he cares more deeply for other things going on in his life than his children. It didn't take a genius to figure out we were only there so he could have his picture perfect family. He'd kicked me out after I rebelled against him. It didn't come as a shock for most people we knew, considering it was no secret my father tried too hard to be perfect, it was just a matter of who was going to be the brave one to step forward.

Well, unfortunately for the story, I didn't just step forward. I rebelled. I rebelled against everything he cared about more than me, more than his own children. After that, it was like he'd disowned me. He didn't care to think that I'd done it because I almost felt corned by his need to be perfect consistently. He chose I played the bad guy, and so that's what I did", I got lost in a trail of my own words, not just speaking them, but reliving them.

"I'm not sure if you'd care much to hear my opinion, but I think you need a second look at things considering you don't sound like you've moved on from the situation. To me, you sound as if you don't want to move on from it because you're betrayed, and not by just anyone, but your own father",  he explains. I look at him in confusion, and just as I was about to protest at his silly claims, he continued talking,

"it may not seem like it to yourself, but we as humans often tell ourselves certain things so we don't make the same mistake. I believe you won't allow yourself to move on because you don't want to repeat it".