it's a girl (not a chapter)

This took a little longer than I imagined, must have something to do with the fact that I had been I love with my belly for the past nine months and now I'm completely obsessed with my baby. Derek (boyfriend) and I absolutely broke our heads whilst trying to decide on a name, and we were at odds still on the due date, but we eventually had to choose once the nurse asked for the fourth time.

Nina, because Derek's family is Russian and the name holds a familiarity to them (and, Nina Dobrev, duh), and Sicilia, because if every date adds up, our baby was made in Sicily lol, call us a pair of romantic dirt bags because we are.

Thank every god there is, Nina Sicilia was born a very healthy, big and very blonde baby girl. Both her parents are tall as fuck so it was no surprise when the doctor said wow she's long.

Happily, I wanted to give you guys this little update on my personal life, I wanted to share a little bit of my joy and jolly. Luckily, I've had things prepared and written since before I even admitted myself into hospital, so hang on a bit and I'll have the all ready book updates in a pair of days (hopefully).

Sincerely, I hope everyone of you is doing great and healthy and happy, and I hope your holidays are filled with some of the light and love mine are. It's so weird to say I'm a mother now, but that title must have some sort of weight, so listen to me when I say behave and stay positive. Times are tough and life is messy but there are moments of clarity, moments where the world stops moving and all the breath in your lungs leaves you but you feel completely fine, you feel whole. I've been living in that same breathless, motionless moment for the past week or so, dazed in adoration and this different feeling of family I'd never felt before.

Happy belated Christmas and early New Years! May this new year bring nothing but love and health and success to each and every one of you❤.