Chapter 2

Shylo felt a heavy presence around him the whole day at school. Everything and everyone felt like his enemy.

He was used to being bullied. No one at his school talked to him at all, and when they did, it was to make fun of him.

It was sad, honestly. It was like that nearly his whole life.

Shylo had a darker style, that consisted of grunge and emo aesthetics. He listened to heavy music such as Slipknot, Skillet, Ice Nine Kills,  Nirvana, and Korn.

His hair was dark brown, and down to his shoulders. He usually wore a black shirt with a skull on the front, and a dark blue zip up hoodie. His jeans were pitch black, and he had a decorative chain attached to the side of his pocket.

His shoes were black and white converse. He also had two black studded earrings, along with black eyeliner.

Shylo was sitting in his classroom, when his teacher announced;

"Good morning students. And welcome to your math class. I'm Mr. Bruno, and today is Monday. You all know what that means. Your final exam for this year will be in 19 minutes. Study up!!"

Every one in the classroom made an ugh sound, as they all didn't want to do the exam. He didn't blame them. He dreaded doing tests. Even doing school drained his energy, well the little energy that he had.

Everyone in his classroom looked basic. The style of the students consisted of sporty, nerdy, and girly. He wished there was at least one person who had his style.

There were about 30-40 kids in his class, and everyone always would give him glares as soon as he walked in the classroom.

These stares caused him to have anxiety, and even more stress.

Shylo snapped out of his thoughts.

"Okay class, today is Monday, so you also know what that means. Partners!"

Shylo groaned and put his head on his desk. Not partners pleaasseee. No partners... I hate socializing... He was panicking.

"First pair. Mia Smith and Tony Reeves."

Mia made her way to Tony's desk.

Shylo felt even more anxiety, as he knew that he was going to be next.

"Second pair, Ella Franklin and Lisa Bloom."

The two girls clapped, as they were both best friends, about to be together as partners.

"Third pair, Sinjin Wells and.. How do you say that name.. Tan-jin? Oh, yes. Tanjina Watson.

Shylo covered his ears. He didn't want his name to be said in front of everyone.

He hated his name, because his mother gave him that name.

Time went on, as pairs were said. People moved across the room, and what seemed like millions of voices could be heard.

"Alrighty... Last pair is.."

He wanted to cry. Everyone else got a partner, and he didn't. Which was probably a good thing.

"Shylo West and Bella Winters. Make sure you work and not FLIRT." The teacher pushed his glasses to the tip of his nose and looked directly at Shylo.

Shylo awkwardly laughed.
He heard a chair being pushed across the room.

He looked to the right, and in front of him, came a girl.

She had two low brunette pig tails, baby pink overalls, a red shirt, and a white skirt. Her style of clothing seemed very quirky, and bright to him.