Prologue

Yesterday, our plan to defeat the fire nation unfortunately had failed. Most of our troops were taken to jail which kept all the younger fighters to flee with me, Aang, Sokka, Katara, and Toph. We decided it would be best to hide in the western air temple, my home.

"This is so humiliating" said Katara as we continued to walk in the heat.

"You mean having to walk all the way here or getting spanked by the fire nation?" Sokka said in yet another sarcastic tone. Katara sighed.

"Both!" She said. I rolled my eyes at the siblings.

"Sorry guys but Appa is tired from carrying all these people, aren't you buddy" Aang stated as he rubbed Appa's fur. I smiled at Aang. I loved how kind he was to both humans and animals. It was one of his many traits that I loved.

"Ooh I got and idea! Hua, why don't you fly us?" Sokka asked with a goofy grin. I glared at him which made his smile fade and walk a bit farther from me.

Suddenly, toph slammed her foot down which made us all stop walking behind her.

"We're here! I can feel it!" She exclaimed with a huge grin on her face.

"Uh Toph? I think your feet need their eyes checked out." Katara said with a look of confusion on her face as she stared out into the open space of sky.

"No, she's right! We made it." I said, a smile forming on my face.

Everyone got on Appa and flew down there. I flew down myself and once I breathed in the old, spiritual air, I fell to the ground and started to laugh of happiness.

"I missed this place so much!" I screamed. I jumped to my feet and yelled,

"I made it, Song! I finally made it back home!" Tears formed in my eyes when I remembered Song, my old friend. We would always do everything together 100 years ago. When I traveled to southern air temple to see Aang, I promised her I would come back as soon as I was done and hugged her goodbye. Aang came up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back tightly and kissed his forehead. "I promise you Aang, the airbenders will return in the future. I promise." I whispered. He wiped a tear on my cheek and nodded.

"Maybe we could take a tour of this place?" Aang suggested. I smiled softly and agreed. I grabbed his hand and dragged him with me to enter the inside of the temple. Before we could even enter the temple, Katara yelled for Aang. We both turned around to face her.

"Aang, we need to discuss how we can beat the fire nation!" She said as she glared at me. What did I do?

"But-"

"No buts! C'mon Aang, this is more important." Sokka stated. Aang sighed and looked to face me.

"Why don't you go and I'll stay here." He said with a forced smile.

"No way Aang, it's fine, this is more important." I said, trying to sound reassuring. I tried walking to where everyone was sitting and but Aang stuck out his arm to block me.

"Hua, it really is fine! Go!" He said grinning. I smiled widely and agreed, then ran off.

I first went to the corridors. The blankets and pillows were burned and some of the beds were broken but everything else was untouched. I laid down on Song's bed and closed my eyes. I imagined her sleeping next to me and nagging me to do a little bit of 'water bending'.