Chapter 1 Reunion

I clapped as I saw Aang and Zuko walk onto the stage. I had never been more proud of them in my life. Especially Zuko, who had changed so much in the last couple of years. As soon as the crown touched Zuko's head, the whole crowd roared in happiness. This was a new start to the fire nation and a new start to the world...

*1 year later*

A lot of things have happened in the past year. Zuko and Aang had not been in great terms since Zuko was reclaiming the earth kingdom territories as fire nation and they almost continued the 100 year war. Thank goodness it didn't happen but people were still so worried. Recently, we had been looking for Zuko's mother and thankfully had found her. She was a very kind lady unlike her ex husband and daughter.

Since then, the group had separated as there were expectations from each of us. Zuko was the fire lord, Aang was the Avatar, Toph was a new teacher, Katara and Sokka were busy visiting the water tribes, and I had returned to the western air temple, in hope of rebuilding my childhood home. One day, a fire nation war balloon had made its way to the air temple and about 20 or more soldiers came out. I walked towards them with cation.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a straight face, trying to seem intimidating instead of scared.

"A message from the Fire Lord" said the first soldier, who I assumed was the captain. "Hua, the master air bender, is being invited to the fire nation ball in honor of Fire Lord Zuko and Avatar Aang tomorrow night." My eyes widened. I hadn't seen my friends in a very long time.

The captain handed me the scroll and bowed down in respect. He and his soldiers then went back to the war balloon and took off. I hugged the scroll tightly as if it was an old friend and skipped away to the corridors. They were the first thing I fixed since I came here. The old, broken fountain was now a new, beautiful one just like it used to be. All the beds were fixed and more comfortable than ever. I sat in front of the fountain and began to meditate and relax my body. Every time I would feel a strong emotion, my air bending would become a bit wild. The monks had always told me to do this and even though I didn't want to listen to them, I had no choice. They were right. I always had trouble trusting my masters because they would make me do horrid things that go against all air nomad beliefs. I shook as I remembered all of the horrible things they made me do with air bending...

The next day had finally come when I woke up to the beautiful songs of the angelic birds. I jumped out of my bed and exited the corridors.

"Oh, can't it be night already!" I whined. Even though I was taught to appreciate everything, even the seconds and minutes of the day, I just couldn't wait any longer to see my friends. I knew that waiting for that time to come wasn't a very good option, so I decided to rebuild a few things in the air temple to pass the time. I started rebuilding a half broken pillar by flying and looking for unused prices of stone. Surprisingly, I had found more than enough and started to fill up the holes in the pillar. I created a glue made out of red clay from the earth and a bit of water.

Everything was going nicely and I was more than halfway done. Before I could do anything more, a loud bison roar came from above me. I looked up to see Appa flying down to land inside the temple.

"Appa!" I exclaimed. I ran towards the bison at full speed and jumped to give him a hug. Appa licked my face, signaling that he had missed me too.

"Hua!" Yelled a recognizable voice. I was suddenly greeted with a tight hug from a 13 year old air bender.

"Aang, I've missed you so much!" I said as I returned the hug. "Why are you here?" I asked. Aang opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by another recognizable voice.

"Hua!"

I looked towards the voice and found Suki running to greet me.

"Suki! I've missed you so much!" I ran into her with a big hug. She held both her hands in mine and smiled.

"It's nice to see my best friend after a while. You look amazing!" She said as she explored every inch of my body. I giggled and thanked her.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the greatest airbending master of all time." I looked up to see Sokka walking with both Katara and Toph by his sides. I ran towards them and gave each a hug.

"Is that what everyone is calling me now?" I asked Sokka.

"No, but it's what Zuko is calling you!" Toph said with a smirk. My eyes widened as she mentioned his name.

"Zuko? Is he here?" I asked excitedly. Just then, Zuko jumped off of Appa.

"Zuko!" I ran into him and gave him a very big hug which caused us both to fall down. We both started to laugh at my excitement. I got off him and lent him a hand to get back up. It was at this time when I noticed that he wasn't wearing his fire lord uniform.

I looked around and noticed that all my friends were wearing the same clothes they wore a year ago. Even Aang was in his nomad training clothes.

"Wait, why is everyone wearing their old clothes?" I asked my friends.

"That's because we're going back in time!" Sokka said as he made creepy motions with his hands. Both Suki and Katara slapped their foreheads.

"We just don't want to attract a lot of attention." Aang said, actually answering my question. Zuko grabbed my hand and we both ran towards Appa.

"C'mon, guys! We have a little bit of time before tonight. I say we use it to have a bit of fun!" He announced as he helped me climb Appa. Everyone cheered and joined us on Appa.

"Everyone ready?" Aang yelled as he gripped onto the reins.

"Yes!" We all yelled back

"Appa, yip yip!"