A Whisper in Noise

Walking in my newly bought boots, a smile graced my lips as I tried onto the earring. It felt good, good to be near one of the strongest women I have ever known. Her smile was nurturing and had the softest voice that calmed all the storms brewing in one's mind. A beam of sunlight, passing through the canopy of a tree struck my glasses and I shifted my gaze to meet hers. With a smile, I walked along with her, a step behind perhaps.

The colourful stalls lining either side and sudden music struck my ears. It was a toy stall, showcasing memories of childhood, it held a brightness; sunshine for the coming future. Casing every possible wooden toy it held hues to enthral the passersby.

We stopped, the flute stood out of all. Tracing my fingers on its smooth surface, my lips stretched just a bit more.

"Let's buy these for the kids.' she said and the time she was doing billing, I observed the people around. Beneath the shade of a tree unknown to me, sat an old man. The wrinkles on his face and the crow lines near his eyes whenever he focused too much on flute, suggested his years of struggle and the command he held on his music. For moments I stood there, like whispers, heard the song of the view and then a jolt brought me back to the noise of the crowd, the noise of the Delhi hath.

It was yet another escapade of fickle mind.

P.S.

Delhi metro and boots is a bad combination. Now, why was I wearing this? I looked good, I care least.