Training

Walking into the training grounds, I noticed that all of the Avengers were already well into their training and had joined the warriors three. Thor spotted me and came running over, pulling me into a big hug.

"Sister! It's so nice to have you back, that niece of mine is really wonderful"

I laughed "Yes, she is, but I may be biased"

He smiled and led us over to everyone else. Loki, Thor and the warriors three were teaching all of us how to use different weapons they had. We never had a need to use swords before so that was the main weapon of choice for training today.

I trained with everyone for awhile before Loki pulled me aside "Darling, I think it's time we worked further on your powers"

"I've gotten better, but I haven't exactly been able to practice the whole seeing the future thing"

"I believe mother can help with that" As if saying it summoned her, Frigga appeared next to us then and led me off to the side away from the others.

She sat me down and turned to face me "Seeing the future is not an easy skill and it will take time for you to master it. You must think of it like a gate in your mind that you need to open. Once it is open you'll be able to tap into it whenever you want. Right now you are simply getting small flashes of rather uneventful events, is that correct?"

"Yes, I sometimes see an item falling off a counter or a small bit of conversation with someone"

"I see. That's good, we'll start there. When those little moments happen, try to focus in on them and get them to last longer. Really put yourself in the moment, don't think of it as a vision. I'm going to force a vision and I want you to try and focus on it."

Frigga put her fingers to my temples and I felt a warm sensation throughout my body before being pulled into a vision. It was hazy, but I saw the dining hall and everyone sitting around talking and eating. I could feel myself start to pull out of the vision so I tried to focus on something. I noticed that there was a bright color to my left so I turned and focused on Frigga's golden dress. Slowly, everything else became brighter and I saw myself sitting down at the table and joining in a conversation with Thor. It was a quick conversation about food and when he was done speaking, I felt myself come back to reality.

Frigga slowly moved her hands away and looked at me "What did you see, my dear?"

"It was a conversation with Thor in the dining hall. I started getting pulled away, but focused and was able to stay in the vision longer. That's the longest I've ever held one before"

"That's wonderful! You're a quick study. Eventually, you'll be able to see much more and have more control over it. Starting tomorrow, I'd like for you to meet with me and work on this until you can fully control it on your own."

"Ok, tomorrow it is!" She patted my cheek and disappeared.

Loki came back over to me and led me out towards the gardens. We silently walked through the garden together just enjoying the calm. There was a nanny playing with the kids further in the garden so we headed over and dismissed her. Freya spotted us right away and grabbed Nari's hand, pulling him towards us.

I laughed and held my arms out to her "Hi baby, are you having fun?"

"It's so pretty here mama!"

Loki summoned a book and looked at the kids "What do you say we all sit and read a story?"

Both kids nodded enthusiastically and followed us to a large tree. Loki sat and Freya climbed into his lap, patiently waiting while Nari hesitantly sat in between Loki and I. We sat there reading for awhile, I always loved the sound of Loki's voice and it seemed the kids did as well. I saw that both of them had fallen asleep so I lightly nudged Loki and pointed to them. He smiled and careful handed Freya to me before picking up Nari.

We made our way back to our room and put the kids down for a nap before sitting out on the balcony. We were sitting there in a comfortable silence before Loki pulled me closer to him and kissed my head.

"My love, I was hoping that tomorrow night I could take you on date?"

"We're all preparing for a small war and you want to go on a date with me?"

He laughed "Yes, darling, nothing will stop me from showing you what you mean to me. Not even war"

"Silly trickster. Alright, I'll allow you to woo me"

"Now that that's settled, I clearly have much planning to do so I will meet you for dinner later."

He gave me a quick kiss and left the room. I stayed on the balcony for awhile, enjoying the view until I heard little footsteps coming towards me. I got up and turned to see Nari and Freya walking towards me, Freya came over and pulled on my pant leg.

"Mama, can we go play with For?"

"Sure, baby, let's go find your uncle Thor." I scooped her up in my arms and held my hand out for Nari take. Thor wasn't hard to find, he typically was in the dining hall if not at the training grounds. He was busy stuffing his face full of some bread when I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Thor, the kids were hoping they could spend some time with you if you're not busy?"

"I would be delighted to spend time the children!" He boomed and reached out for Freya who had no hesitation in going to him. Thor then grabbed Nari and put him on his shoulder which had the little boy giggling. Thor looked at me then "Shall we, sister?"

"Lead the way, brother" Thor's smile grew wider at my new nickname for him and led us all out of the palace. I spent the afternoon watching Thor teach the kids how to get ready for battle and use wooden swords to have mock fights. The kids loved every minute of it and I loved seeing how happy they all were together.