vi. you'll never be mine

I won't mind even though I know you'll never be mine.

He walked to the store that day. Perrie was making cupcakes and she ran out of baking flour so Zayn offered to make the run. More so to get out of that house.

It was moderate out side so Zayn's semi-finished plaid shirt was just right. She was wearing sweat pants and one of her roommates tank tops as she rounded the aisle.

She was still single, which was good for her. She wanted to focus on her studies for her doctorate. She didn't think she'd be good at a relationship either, but she wasn't going to admit to that.

She hovered her eyes over the different brands before settings her hand on top of the bag; at the exact same moment Zayn's hand fell on top of hers.

She pulled away quickly, still not looking at who it was. "You can have it."

"No, you grabbed it f -"

He lost his words staring at her, just like old times. And when she looked up she felt herself choke on all the air that was around her.

"You look great," he stammered, still staring.

She knew she didn't look great. Quite apparent bags under her eyes and her greasy, sloppy attire. She looked terrible. But him, he looked good, more than good. Flawless. And yet again she still couldn't compare. Everything in his life was just far to elegant for her.

"I'm so sorry, I'll just," she snatched the bag of milk and quickly shuffled away, glancing behind her every now and then to find Zayn standing there, staring at her dumbfounded.

Zayn finally snapped out of it when she left his view. He's not letting her get away again. London City is big and he knows that if he doesn't get her now, he may never see her again.

"Wait, wait!"

He runs around the corner and finds the aisle empty, her basket of items left on the fruit stand. He started his search, checking every aisle. But I was useless, she was gone.

I won't mind even though I know you'll never be mine.

fin.