Chapter 4: Comfort Call

Luz Pov:

Taking the key out of the ignition opening the door, stepping out. Shuting the car door with a loud-small slam.

Walking to the door yawning. Searching my pockets trying to find the dang house key. Ugh..where the hell is that dumb key at. I just fucking had it after I dropped Amity off. Searching my jacket pockets, front and back pants pockets, my socks and even my shoes.

I found the key finally. It was in my hood pocket this whole time. Did I spend about 20 minutes looking for a small key out in the fucking cold? Yes, yes I did.

Tiredly I put the key in the socket, turning it right unlocking the door. Pushing the door open, walking in. Shuting the door behind quietly. Rubbing my eyes trying to take some of the tiredness out of then so I can go to bed without worrying bout passing out at anytime.

"Bout time you got home Luz" jumping up hearing Lilith's voice. Putting a hand of my chest, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry Luz. Didn't mean to give you quite a scare there" I heard her apologize. Walking in the lightly-dark living room after taking my shoes off.

Sitting in one of the arm chairs across from where Lilith was sitting reading her book. She had a small table with a medium lamp. The only light source in the room.

There was silence that filled the room. An awkward silence. Lilith reading her book and me just sitting in one of the chairs looking around the room.

Soon enough I broke the silence. I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Sucking in breath "So~ what book you reading this time lilly?" I wonder knowing she finishes a book in bout two or three days.

She hummed to herself before speaking "It's bout witch who was born without magic. They soon finds different ways to do magic that people never knew". She finished placing her hand of her cheek.

Bouncing my leg up and down "It's kinda sounds like me Y'know" I chuckled a bit. Lilith crossed her legs, turning the page. "Now, that you say that Luz. It kinda is isn't it?" She replied.

Letting out a little yawn standing up. Clicking my tongue. "Well, imma hit the hay tonight. Night lilly". I said pointing upstairs. Looking up from her book she nodded "Goodnight Luzzy" she said. Walking up the stairs to my room.

Entering my dark room closing the door behind me. I took my jacket off throwing it on the floor, taking off my shirt so I was in my tank top. Going over to my wall turning on my led lights that cover the top of my walls.

Taking a few steps to my closet digging for any shorts I could find. I changed into a pair of black shorts with light-grey lines on the sides. Heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth due to how many cigarettes I had today. My breath gotta smell bad. Putting toothpaste on the toothbrush putting it my mouth.

Looking at myself in the mirror I noticed that my hair is growing alittle long in the back. I swear I just cut it a week ago. I though. A month ago I decided to go back to my old hair style. The one I had when I was 14. It's easier to take care of.

Spitting the toothpaste out and putting my toothbrush back. My eyes gazed at the shower. Thinking about taking a real quick one. Nah, I'll do it in the morning. I'm too tired plus sleep sounds good right about now.

Walking out of the bathroom flopping on my bed. Grabbing my scroll seeing that it's 11:00. Better text ames before she goes to bed. Unlocking my scroll going into messages tapping Amity's name.