When you're insecure (short)

Sometimes I feel very insecure about myself and I guess that's pretty normal once in a while, so I wrote this in order to feel better and hope this will help others as well. ;v;

I enjoy scribbling various chibi Akira's lately, hence I used one of them for this chapter 🙏🏻🥲

[Unedited]
______________

'I look so... disgusting.'

'I will never be pretty enough.'

'I'm just a waste of space.'

'I'm so stupid.'

Random negative thoughts crossed your mind as you kept staring at the mirror in front of you, pulling and slightly slapping the sensitive skin on your face and belly.

"Akira deserves so much better... why did he fall in love with me instead of... Ann or Makoto?"

Your (e/c) orbs didn't leave your reflection as you continued to harshly tug and pinch the soft skin on your upper arms and legs, leaving them red and bruised.

Little did you know that Akira stood near the doorframe, listening to your rants and trying to process what he just heard. He did know that you were a little self-conscious, but... he didn't know how much you struggled on the inside.

You didn't want to let him know, afraid that he would leave you for being so insecure and unattractive, for being a waste of space and a failure.

Right after you decided to let some salty tears escape your eyes, your boyfriend ran up to you, hugging you from behind while burying his nose in the crook of your neck.

"You are beautiful, you are wanted here, you are smart, you are loved",

His strong hands gently grasped your sides, turning you around so he could wipe your tears away,

"You're my girlfriend because I love you, not Ann, not Makoto..."

Slender fingers ran up and down your bruised arms, carefully not to hurt you even more,

"...please Treasure, don't compare you to other girls", Akira's onyx eyes met yours as he inched closer to you,

"You can't be compared to other people because you're unique, your beauty is akin a goddess, your intelligence is beyond a detective's, you're as sweet as sugar."

You sniffed twice before returning the hug, feeling butterflies forming in your stomach as he said those words.

Akira gave you a quick peck on the lips and smiled,

"I've never seen a person as pretty, smart, loveable and kind as you. And I'm glad you're my girlfriend."

A small gasp escaped your lips as you finally smiled at him, "t-thank you, Akira. I just couldn't hide my thoughts any longer... I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. I love you, forever and always."

_________

Remember that you're appreciated and loved the way you are.