Cold and Warmth

Tiny snowflakes danced with the wind that came from a palace. The cold climate caused the Phantom Thieves to shiver as they made their way through the frozen gate.

It was quite difficult to hold your balance as you ran further into the palace, using your heels as ice skaters to prevent yourselves from slipping.

"There it is!"

Panther pointed at the floating treasure as the Thieves followed her direction, knowing there will be a tough fight between them and the shadow soon.

The temperature changed drastically from -5°C to -19°C (≈ -4°F) as you checked the thermometer in your pocket. Right after the Thives determined to escape, the enormous gate got blocked by a giant snowball. You all tried to attack it, but it wouldn't even move a single inch.

"That won't work," Joker pointed out, bringing two fingers to his chin as he thought about another way to escape,

"I think the only way we can take is..."

Skull froze as he looked behind his back, tapping the leader's shoulder as the rest of the Thieves looked over their shoulders, joining Skull with a gulp,

"THE BOSS IS A GODDAMN SNOWMAN?! FOR REAL?!"

Ryuji began to run away as the snowman tried to attack him,

"OI OI, THERE'S NO WAY WE CAN FIGHT IT!"

Joker tried to charge at it but got knocked back as it activated its shield,

"We need a plan. Futaba, can you trap it?"

The ginger haired girl nodded and began to write on the keyboard, sweating a little at the limited time she got, "Yes, got it, all done!"

The giant snowman got tied up and held back with Futaba's wires.
Joker looked at me, then at the others,

"Fox, Skull, Panther, Mona and Queen will attack first. (Y/N) and I will finish it with this", Joker held up a... snowball?

You looked at Akira, confused, "You're kidding, right? There's no way--"

Your eyes widened as you saw the demon freeing itself by breaking the wires and was about to hit the leader. Words wouldn't reach him just in time, so you decided to push him out of the way, taking the hit instead and making contact with the now broken wall.

Joker's eyes widened and glanced at you in disbelief, the others stopped in their tracks and gasped,

"(Y/N)!!!"

...was all you heard as darkness consumed your now blurry vision.

Akira ran towards your damaged body and cupped your cheeks with his gloved hands, feeling nothing but cold skin as he lifted up your upper body,

"H-Help! S-she will die..! Someone, please!"

He looked desperately at the other Thieves as they continued to fight.
Yet, they couldn't help.

Akira moved his sorrow filled eyes to your limp body one more time before he noticed that your skin slowly began to lose its color and became a blue-ish hue.

His onyx eyes widened as they twitched in horror,

'It's all my fault.'

Right before his eyes could let a single tear slip out, Mona approached him,

"Her temperature is too low for a human body. Even my healing magic won't help," he began,

"T-then what can I do..? I don't want her to die.." Joker's voice cracked a bit as he teared up a little and brought his right hand to his face, quivering.