❤ The Decision ❤

(You're 500 years old (8))

*3rd Person Pov*

The girl ran as fast as she could, her black hair waving behind her. The robes she is wearing flowing behind her.
(A/n Like this but for a 8yr old girl. And red)

She stopped at the end of the hall

She stopped at the end of the hall. Marvelling at the large hall infront of her, the pillars were carved so perfectly and the floors were so smooth. She spun and admired the paintings on the arched ceiling.

Suddenly, the doors swung open.
"Y/n!"
Loki had run up to the girl and scooped her up in his arms. He walked out the same door and into his chambers.
"What were you thinking? Someone could have seen you Y/n!"
"I'm sorry dad, but the room was so pretty and I hadn't seen it before!" The girl complained looking at her feet.
She was ashamed at what she had done. She new she risked both her father's and her own lives but she let curiosity get the best of her.

Loki looked at Y/n, her black hair covering her face. He loved her so and he knew thsi was no way to treat a child but it was for her own safety.
"Hey..." he whispered, he knelt down to her and lifted her chin so that she looked at him.
"You shouldn't have run but I understand why you did. I know that it is unfair to you that I must keep you away from others but it risks both of us."
"I know. Curiosity got the better of me dad, and it was very pretty though," she smiled slightly, remembering the halls perfectly cut pillars and the paintings.
"You will get to see it one day, without being in secret. I promise."

Loki smiled and hugged the girl tingly, he loved his daughter very much and he knows this is no life for a child. He had planned a visit to Hendall and his daughter, Astrid, the next day. They were to discuss what to do with her while the girls played.

Loki looked at the clock across for the bed.
"Come on Y/n, it's time for bed if you want to go and see Astrid tomorrow," he said getting up.
Suddenly, Y/n jumped up and ran to the room off from her father's and started dressing in pyjamas. Loki chucked at her sudden burst of energy.

Next Day

*Y/n Pov*
We walked through the gardens of Asguard. I always have to turn into some type of animal so that I wouldn't get found. I was a black cat today, as we walked to Astrid's house. I hated hiding but I knew why and I didn't want dad to get hurt because of me.

We arrived at a small house and entered the back gate. We always went though so that Mr. Heimdall would know it is Dad and I. I shifted back to myself once I was sure no one could see me through the busy streets.

"Come in, come in." Mr. Heimdall said, inviting us inside.
"Thank you Heimdall, I really appreciate this." Dad said, I was confused but didn't ask questions.
"Astrid is in her chambers waiting for you Y/n." Mr. Heimdall said, gesturing down the hall.
"Thank you Mr. Heimdall!" I said, running toward Astrid's chambers.
I ran as fast as my feet could carry me. I reached a door with the golden car on of a horse on the dark, wooden door. I knocked the door and it burst open. Behind it was Astrid. I have always thought she was a mini copy of her father and she says I'm a copy of mine.

"Hi Y/n! Come in please! I've learnt Very Full on the piano!" She said excitedly as I walked inside her chambers.
"Finally!" I said dramatically, throwing my hands in the air.
We both giggled and headed to the piano across from the door. She got out the music from the leather folders as I sat down beside her. She counted herself in and we started to play and sing.

SINGING - Y/n's Part

PIANO - Astrid's Part

"Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger
Kom hjem
Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser

When she sings she sings come home

Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger
Kom hjem
Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser

When she sings she sings come home

I stormsvarte fjell jeg vandrer alene
Over isbreen tar jeg meg frem
I eplehagen står møyen den vene
Og synger: når kommer du hjem?

Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger
Kom hjem
Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser

When she sings she sings come home
When she sings she sings come home"

(A/n
I inserted the songs and lyrics 'cause why not 🤷‍♀️)

*Loki Pov*

Y/n ran down the hall towards Astrid. I let out a low laugh at how exited she was. Being a father had changed me and only Heimdall knew. With Sif not being exeptant, I was left to raise Y/n on my own.
"Loki, this is becoming a problem." Heimdall said, sitting at the table.
I sat across from him, flicking the hair out of my eyes.
"She is getting more curios as the days go by, wanting to see more as herself. We need a plan." I said, looking down the hall.
"Well, I have seen many poss-" he was cut of by the sound of singing and piano comming from the chambers.
I laughed lightly as I heard my daughters voice singing 'Very Full'

"Men trærne de danser
Og fossene stanser
Når hun synger, hun synger
Kom hjem"

"She will grow up to have a beautiful voice like mother," I thought.
"As I was saying, we have many options. The smartest would be to send her to Midguard without powers. I could give her to a kind Midguardin family to take care of her."
"No," I said plainly, "I love her dearly and she cannot loose her father when she already has no mother. It would break her."
"The other options to keep her here. I could prepare her a room here for when you have royal business. Astrid would be more than happy to have her here. It would be no trouble."
"Heimdall, that would be great. Thank you very much for all that you have done. I don't know how to repay you." I said, getting up to thank Heimdall for his help.
He has done so much for Y/n and I.
"No need to repay me my friend, this is the prophecy and it is merely part of a story."

( A/n, Yay first chapter! I'm so happy to finally start this book. I'm hoping to post around 3 times a week. No promises though. School is coming back soon and I'm not looking forward to it. Hope you've had a good day so far ❤)

Word Count || 1,149