i: a weirdo names her sunshine

╔═══════════════╗chapter ii(the sea of monsters )a weirdo names her sunshine╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter ii
(the sea of monsters )
a weirdo names her sunshine
╚═══════════════╝

ARABELLA HATED THE SEA. Especially fighting near it.

Her moves were quick, and offensive. She slashed through the storm spirits with speed and agility, her arms moving in a whirlwind in order to stop them getting behind her. If they surrounded them, she wouldn't be able to fight them all. But her sword wasn't doing anything.

She was able to fight. She always sparred by herself at camp Jupiter, occasionally with others. But now, it wasn't just sparring for practice or fun. She was fighting for her life.

It was supposed to be an easy first quest. Go do recon of a suspicious cruise boat that seemed to be holding monsters. What they forgot to mention was that the ship was owned by the Titan army. She and her brother, Jason had been ambushed the second they stepped on the ship.

She focused, thinking about the lightning coursing through her veins. She was the daughter of the sky god. She could handle a few spirits.

She met the first spirit head on, pushing through the cold wind. When she moved, it felt like muscle memory, like a piece she played a thousand times. Her sword pierced throught the spirit and it turned to gold dust.

The second spirit seemed reluctant but charged all the same. It seemed to be quicker than the other one, always staying out of her blades reach. But she was quicker. She feinted left, then moved right and stabbed it. It too turned into gold dust.

The leader snarled and backed up. He looked at his two comrades and yelled, "Well? Kill them!"

The other storm spirits didn't look happy with that order, but they flew at Arabella, their fingers crackling with electricity.

Arabella swung at the first spirit. Her blade passed through it, and the creature's smoky form disintegrated. The second spirit let loose a bolt of lightning, but Jason's blade absorbed the charge. He stepped in—one quick thrust, and the second storm spirit dissolved into gold powder.

The remaining spirit wailed in outrage. He looked down as if expecting his comrades to re-form, but their gold dust remains dispersed in the wind. "Impossible! Who are you, half-bloods?"

Arabella smirked. "Children of Jupiter."

He lunged at Jason, but Arabella tackled the monster from behind. Even though he was made of smoke, she somehow managed to connect. The spirit screamed in rage, and let out a torrent that knocked them all backwards, the worst of it hitting Arabella. She was thrown of his back, her sword skidding across the deck. She hit the railing, tumbling over the side until she was hanging by one hand over the abyss.

"Don't look down," she muttered. "Don't look down, don't look down."

"Help!" she yelled. "Somebody! A hand would be fucking great about now!"