𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓁 - 𝐵𝑜𝒹𝓎 - ♧

Synopsis: Camilo realizes he's forgetting what he looks like and has a mental breakdown in the bathroom, Dolores tells his partner and they help him.

Tw// Body dysmorphia, mentions of self harm, negative thoughts

Pronouns;
Camilo He/They
Y/N they/them
——————————

    Camilo Madrigal was arguably one of the happiest people in the world and he always wants to spread his kindness and happiness with others and won't stop until he does.

    They feel useless if they don't help people smile, and if they fail? He feels utterly worthless he wasn't able to help. He tries talking but feels bad when they see the downcast expression on people's faces when he opens up, so he doesn't.

    His gift affects how he feels about themself by a lot. Everyday he changes his face, body everything about himself and sometimes they can't even remember what they look like. Tonight was an especially hard one, he tried crying quietly in the bathroom but his sister heard him.

    And so Dolores called his partner over to the house, they rushed over as soon as Dolores mentioned them crying. Y/N was allowed in my Dolores and went to the bathroom their boyfriend was in.

    "Mi amor?" They called whispering, knocking quietly on the door. They heard sniffling and didn't wait for an answer before entering. The scene broke them.

    Camilo was curled in a ball as his body shifted between family members and townspeople, the mirror was broke and glass shards were scattered around the bathroom.

    "Mi vida.." Y/N said, pulling him in their lap as the two leaned against the wall. He buried his head in their chest as Y/N tangled their fingers in his hair, waiting for him to stop crying to the two can talk about it.

    They placed kisses on Camilo's head as his gift calmed down and he stopped shifting into random people. He stopped crying and looked up at them with puffy, red eyes his lip quivered as a few stray tears fell.

    "..I'm sorry," they croaked, voice uneven and shaky.
    "cariño mío, you don't need to apologize. But you need to speak to me, I need to understand," Y/N said, caressing his face carefully and wiping the tears that fell.
    "I- I can't," He admitted, looking away, "..I don't want to burden you."
    "You're never a burden to me, amor. I love you more than anything held on earth," Y/N gently said, they brought their nose to his and looked directly in his eyes - which was something the two did when one was upset.

    "I'm scared I'll hurt someone if I talk about it," Camilo muttered barely audible.
    "los querido.." Y/N whispered, they placed a small kiss on his cheek, "you will not upset me by talking, you will not hurt anyone by talking. You, mi vida, are an amazingly sweet and caring person and I'm glad to have met you - everyone is."

    "I don't like how I look! I don't like my gift! I don't like how I forget how I look! I hate how- how I feel useless when I fail to make someone smile.. I hate how hard it is for me to talk.." He angrily confessed, but their anger wasn't towards Y/N it was towards himself.
    "You, mi príncipe, are very attractive, you're beautiful, handsome, pretty," with every word of affirmation Y/N kissed him, "your freckles are like little constellations I lose thought in.

Your gift is beautiful and a form of who you are, I understand it's scary and confusing when you change into people everyday but I'm here for every step of the way, I promise. You're not a failure if you don't make someone smile, not everyone will - that's just how people are. You are my Camilo, mi amor, mi vida, mi príncipe, mi querido. And so many other names."

    Camilo fell into Y/N's arms as they kissed his cheek, ".. I broke the mirror because i- I wanted to hurt myself.."
    " 'Milo.. I'm so sorry you felt like doing that, are you ok?" Y/N asked.
   "I didn't do it.. I'm fine, can we just go to bed?" Camilo asked. Y/N nodded and placed one last kiss on their head before they got up and moved to his room.

————-

Self projecting heavily.
(If some Spanish is wrong I'm so sorry I used google)